GPS / Navigation systems

Help Support Steer Planet:

PLKR

Wondering about purchasing a dash mounted GPS / navigation device for use while travelling.  Any suggestions?  What brands / models do you like or dislike?  Feature that are a necessity?  Thanks for you input!

Shebet21

I'm a fan of Garmin. I have a Nuvi 200W, can't think of anything I don't like about it. The pre programmed points of interest are really nice when you want to find food/fuel or whatever but don't know what's around. I also like it's size, fits right in the shirt pocket that makes taking it anywhere you go very easy.

OH Breeder

As I drive and travel for a living a year ago, I went thorugh the same selection process. First thing to consider how often  will you use it. Consumer reports has them listed by price value ratio. I have a Magellan, I like the flat screen and it is not so thick like some of the Garmin's. My boss purchased a Tom Tom for 275 and it is dead already with in 8 monhts of purchase.

consider
size, spoken street names, built in battery, ease of use

Garmin
Nuvi 660
CR Best Buy

red

Just make sure you have the correct town listed. we live in LaRue but it's Kenton on the GPS. so many people have gotten confused by that.

Red

BIGTEX

I travel for a living and I think GPS devices are great. I have a garmin 350 and my wife has a 200. They are the best thing since sliced bread. You do have to work with them a little. Also I need to update my map. They do charge for the update. (clapping)

fluffer

I have a verizon phone and it has GPS and navigation in it.  The phone only cost me $60.00 too.  It will look up all the gas stations in the area and tell me the pice, it will look up resturants etc.  I really like it.

Fluffer

angusboy1

garmin i have them in my truck i have a handle held for my boat me and my dad love fishin and huntin

showgirl2010

Shebet21 said:
I'm a fan of Garmin. I have a Nuvi 200W, can't think of anything I don't like about it. The pre programmed points of interest are really nice when you want to find food/fuel or whatever but don't know what's around. I also like it's size, fits right in the shirt pocket that makes taking it anywhere you go very easy.

I second that one. Garmin is great, but be sure it is the wide screen hence the 200"W" instead of just the 200.  What I love it when you're going through a city with a bunch of lanes it tells ya what lane to get into to arrive at your destination.  Also, play around with it and set everything correct before ya hit the road. 

Jamie

Garmin I'm with Angus boy i have one in my truck for when me and my dad go to shows we have never been to. Also i have a hand held one its a garmin legend and, my dad has a hand held one its also a garmin legend with vista though its just the next one up