Grass to Grid

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Got a catalog on this sale today, looks interesting, have they held this before or is this the 1st year?

knabe

found it, sorry, i thought it was a sale for the paradox of grass fed beef sold on the grid and was going to detail how this was possible with today's genetics.

nice to see a few 6807 on maine base cow matings.  liked the missing link ones.

BRdoc

Collins has had this sale for two years now. This is the first year it has been called "Grass to Grid". Previous to that, they sold all bulls private treaty. I have a really good Meyer son that i use as my clean-up bull.
website is : collinscattleservices.com

chambero

As of right now, we are planning on going.  I'm kind of interested in some of Griswold's Angus bulls.

It's finally sinking in on me that we've got to get our cows a touch smaller for the steer business.

red

I just got my catalog today. Really nice offering. now, I'm not bashing them so hope this doesn't cost me a point, but was surprised there were no defect statuses listed. Do they have them day of sale? would hate to pick out a bull, drive to sale & find out he's a carrier. Especially if that matters to me.

Red

chambero

They had videos up earlier that had defect status listed.  Christy's sales always post defect testing results in supplements.  This info will definitely be available on these bulls from what I understand.