great county fair for my daughter

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

My daughter gets picked on terribly at county fair basically because we show so much.  Silly I know but its the truth.  I told her doing her best and being a good sport is the best revenge.  She took it to heart after last year and has worked really hard.  She added hogs to her line up of a lamb and maine anjou cattle this year.  She bought a couple $50 gilts and I warned her we'll get out horsed.  Well, she went in showmanship and won and it was her first time showing hogs.  Lambs, we were light but we wanted to be this light and be ready for state fair and our NW MO state fair labor day.  Got out horsed of course, but she won showmanship in lambs too!  She also had supreme breeding female in beef (same family has won it for 7 years running) and reserve champion bull.

I was so proud of her and thought I'd share.  I think I'm more proud of how she conducted herself, like a true good sport.  She congratulated everyone that beat her in class and didn't gloat about showmanships.  Funny, not one kid or parent congratulated her.  I told her to just hold her head high and go on.

I thought I'd share some pictures and be a proud mom a little.  In addition, she showed all this in one day...needless to say she was one tired little 10 year old after it! lol

Attachments

• lamb showmanship.jpg
    lamb showmanship.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 697
  • pig showmanship.jpg
    pig showmanship.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 694
  • mucho dinero.jpg
    mucho dinero.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 712
  • Daffodil.jpg
    Daffodil.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 717
  • awards.jpg
    awards.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 687

cowz

Good job...she looks so excited!  Remember the big kids really hate it when a cute little gal steps it up.....they will get over it,  or not......thats life!  Enjoy the moment!

justme

I sent you a pm a little while ago.  I'll have it for you tomororw or tonite.  I'll also try to get more pictures.

AAOK

WOW, what a day!!!  My congratulations go out to your family.  I know those great wins come because of a family commitment.  Maybe she will one day top that 7 years in a row feat!