Grilling Instructions Needed.

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

A friend of mine is a butcher, and gave me 40 pounds of Beef Front Skirt. Never cooked it before. He says it came in shipment of "arrachera" (rear flank), so, He gave it to me.
It looks like a brisket.
GB

Telos

It needs to be scored or tenderized using a mallet or ponding using the the back side of a Chinese clever. You want to break threw all those tendons and some of those muscle fibers. I like to marinate it with teryaki, cumin, chiles powder, a little lime juice and green onons but there are numerous marinades that are good. Grilling is the cooking method of choice. Hot forceful heat on both sides. Makes really good fajita meat.

steermomintx

Tenderize, marinade over night in italian dressing and fresh onions.  The next day grill on the BBQ pit and you will have some great fajitas.

sue

steermomintx said:
Tenderize, . marinade over night in italian dressing and fresh onions.  The next day grill on the BBQ pit and you will have some great fajitas.

This made me crave fajitas-- is there a good fresh mail order tortilla company someone can reccomend. I hate flour and that is all I can find in Northern Michigan. I do not have time to  travel - prefer mail order/UPS delivery. Sauces are hard to find too.
Thanks