grrr.. one of those days!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Ever have one of those days where you wondered why you bothered to get up? Mine has been the last two!

Yesterday when I went out the cows were bawling loudly. I found 2 calves running & playing in the driveway. Finally got them in w/ no help from the heeler. He just stands in front of them & they turn & go the opposite direction I want them to go, like into a 150 acre wheat field. I double checked stuff & found gates hadn't been secured & the electric fence wasn't hooked up. Now that seems like no big thing to most but I'm not supposed to around them w/ a pacemaker. Of course I get zapped.

Then today I have an appointment to get stitches removed from my leg ( don't even ask about that!). Of course the hubby is late picking me up & THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!  (argue) Got that taken care of.
I get back & hubby needs some 5 gallon jugs of spray chemicals loaded up. I volunteer. I threw out my back lifting the last 2 & am in agony. Pain pills where are you!

Anyone else have those kinds of days?

Red  ???  ::)  :eek:  :mad:

DiamondS

:) I had one the other day.  We're trying to go to grass and my landlord is in a toot.  Hollered at my horses and every one came in but the horse I needed.  He smelled a rat, so I walked the 80 acres and went and caught him.  Pulled my saddle off the saddle rack and hit my drug box and shattered a brand new bottle of vit. b complex all over the tack room floor.  Finally got to the cows, caught them fine.  While working calves we kicked one out of the calf cradle and his leg was flopping, broken.  So, the two guys quick grabbed the 250lb charolais cross calf and restrained him.  I ran home to get my splints, etc.  No vet wrap.  So made a mad dash to coop for vet wrap, hired man hadn't filled up the feed truck, ran out of gas a mile from the station.  Finally got back but the splint wouldn't hold and vet was 40 miles away, so took the calf to KSU's vet school and got him fixed....  We'd run probably 2,000 hd through that calf chute and never had that happen before, but it almost happened to an Angus calf, so rebuilding is a priority.....  I'd have been better off to stay home that day.

fluffer

Oh red!  You poor girl!  :-\

I have days like that too!  I am pretty sure we all do!  I ALWAYS stop and think that it could be worse..... My house is still standing, I am not having to attend a funeral.. etc.
My sound dumb, but it get things back into prospective for me.  I have also found it keeps me from loosing my temper so much too!

Good luck Red- hope things get better for you  :)

Fluffer

red

fluffer said:

I have days like that too!  I am pretty sure we all do!  I ALWAYS stop and think that it could be worse..... My house is still standing, I am not having to attend a funeral.. etc.
My sound dumb, but it get things back into prospective for me.  I have also found it keeps me from loosing my temper so much too!

Fluffer

unfortunately a neighbor died so might be attending a funeral. Guess I can look at it that I'm not the one they're having it for!  (angel)

Dusty

Mother said there would be days like this.... She didn't say there would be so damn many of them so close together though...

knabe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4714135.stm

i'm thinking these might be more popular than i thought.

Japanese scientists have unveiled the most human-looking robot yet - a "female" android named Repliee Q1Expo.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.    not sure that helps with fixing fence though.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/robotics/2008-03-01-robots_N.htm      is another.

http://news.3yen.com/2005-08-16/human-like-robot-skin-by-university-of-tokyo/    and another.

i wonder if robots get upset at posts on bulletin boards.  it might go something like this.

i    did    not      like      what    you    posted.          you      are      a      human        and            must        learn          to        control        yourself      when    in      public.

Attachments

• _41348135_rep_getty_203.jpg
    _41348135_rep_getty_203.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 676

fluffer

red said:
fluffer said:

Fluffer

Red, your day gets better and better hu?  Sorry about your neighbor. 

unfortunately a neighbor died so might be attending a funeral. Guess I can look at it that I'm not the one they're having it for!  (angel)

red

another thing that butters my biscuits, is not being able to find something! You look for hours & still nada. ARGH!!!!!!

Red  :mad: :-\

knabe

i thought buttering one's biscuits was a good thing?  geez, i thought i had problems with lol.

red

knabe said:
i thought buttering one's biscuits was a good thing?   geez, i thought i had problems with lol.

depends on what your biscuits are.  (lol)

oakbar

I, too, thought buttering your biscuits was a good thing.  I do remember Dolly Parton in one of her movies saying "You know what burns my butt?? A flame about three feet high!!"  Some days we just seem to be walking through a whole field of three foot flames and not a firetruck in sight!!

Sorry about your bad day, Red---Oh my gosh, do I owe someone  money for saying that??

Hey think of it this way---It could be worse--at least you don't have to live with an Iowegian or a KNABE!!  Sorry KNABE--I'm trying tomake her feel better!!  OMG, I probably owe more money!! 

red

I just remember someone saying that on Law & Order. Loved it! Maybe it is good. That's how bad my day is. What is good I make bad!!!
Also the guys got rained out again & they're talking about up to 3". Groan!
We had a chopping job that we had to turn down because of not enough help. Kills them to do that.

Red

renegade

Sorry about your bad days guys.  I know sometimes it can be hard to find the silver lining - but god  (angel) willing it's always there.  Those kinds of days just get me down so I go and hang out with the animals or my friends

showgirl2010

I know what ya all mean.  I just had one of them days.  Me and my sister was heading to walmart to get mom a mothers day present and they were going to the local TSC in the opposite direction.  I decided not to go on the interstate because it is basically too fast pace for me.  Me and my sister was talking about were we wanted to eat after we were done shopping and the next thing I know I had rear ended somebody.  Everyone is fine.  Im still a little shaken up, just some sore muscles.  The car, as far as I know, is totaled, but my parents aren't mad at me just happy that were ok.  It is an experience that will make you re think your life.  Not that I was on the wrong side of the tracks but I had been having my doubts and now I realize that God really does care about me and he has spared my life. 

Jamie

fluffer

showgirl2010 said:
I know what ya all mean.  I just had one of them days.  Me and my sister was heading to walmart to get mom a mothers day present and they were going to the local TSC in the opposite direction.  I decided not to go on the interstate because it is basically too fast pace for me.  Me and my sister was talking about were we wanted to eat after we were done shopping and the next thing I know I had rear ended somebody.  Everyone is fine.  Im still a little shaken up, just some sore muscles.  The car, as far as I know, is totaled, but my parents aren't mad at me just happy that were ok.  It is an experience that will make you re think your life.  Not that I was on the wrong side of the tracks but I had been having my doubts and now I realize that God really does care about me and he has spared my life. 

Jamie

wheww, glad your OK!  Sorry about the car, but it can be replaced- you and your sister cannot be.

Take care, and take it easy

Fluffer