Guess her age and breed

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is the age of the cow pictured?

• Total voters

ZNT

Mark,  You are the winner.  This is a picture of our JAZX Audrey 352N donor cow right after she had her 8th natural calf.  She is a dual registered 1/2 Maine and Chimaine sired by CTR Success and out of the JAZX 720G that is a line bred Designed by Showtime.  She will turn 9 on Sept 29th.  This has been an unbelievable cow for us.  She has calved between August and November every year of her productive live, and that includes flushes multiple times within that time.  Her prior calf was born in November, then she bred back via A.I. just 35 days later to have her latest GVC Suh calf that was born late last week.

Audrey is the dam of ZNT Triple X and ZNT Jenna (dam of Montego Bay), and if you look through our herd, you will find her genetics in almost every cow in our herd, and almost every calf that we have for sale. 

CAB

Zane did she have twins once, otherwise the calf # verses age has to be off one year. Hope my CTR Success heifer looks as good as your's @ that age. I hate bad bagged cows!!!

ZNT

CAB said:
Zane did she have twins once, otherwise the calf # verses age has to be off one year. Hope my CTR Success heifer looks as good as your's @ that age. I hate bad bagged cows!!!

Her first calf was Triple X in August of 2005, and has had one every year since, including this year.

knabe, I like the pedigree of Pendleton bull.  Great set of genetics on both sides, and clean ta' boot. 

Telos

How well I remember when ZNT Cattle put a photo of this great cow on their website when just a calf. She was for sale and I had sworn off buying any more cattle, period. Well, long story short I called Tracy and told her not to sell her until I came out to see her. Even though I'm not a real cattle person but an urban dweller I thought she was a unique beef female with great outcross potential. I purchased an interest in her primarily to see her show. She won numerous championships but the real bonus was to see Audrey do just about everything right as a mature cow. From her first unassisted calf to all the rest, she has been a prefect mother having produced nothing but superior calves . ZNT Montego Bay, her grandson, is a bull I would bet on against all others out there. His offspring are just going to be extremely functional and well designed. I don't contribute to Audrey's maintenance anymore and haven't in a long time but I'm just happy to see ZNT still having her around. Her calf last year is IMO is as complete as you will see and I believe is for sale.

ZNT

Thank you for everything Jack!  You have always been a great supporter of our operation, and a great friend. You were the one that truly recognized the greatness in Audrey. We always loved Audrey phynotypically, but you saw the genetic future of this female and the impact she could make down the road. Her offspring have proven you correct, and Montego Bay has proven himself as a bull that can become a legend in the Maine Anjou breed, especial once his daughters go into production.

Thank you again Jack for your faith in our breeding program.

ZNT

Just had to follow-up with the latest calf out of this Audrey cow.  She is a 3/4 Maine heifer out of GVC Suh, and a natural calf out of Audrey.  I am very excited about this one. 

http://youtu.be/X08IbRuuT4Q

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 184