guess my age....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

You share a birthday with my oldest Logan he was also born on Pearl Harbor day (next Friday)

Gypsy

Okay how about this?  Birthdate the same as:  John F. Kennedy Jr., Pope John XXIII, Joe DiMaggio, Augusto Pinochet, Gloria Steinem and Christina Applegate.  Birthdate and YEAR the same as Chico Walker and Robert Ehrlich.   :eek:

dutch pride

I'LL PLAY ;D

NCAA Football: Oklahoma Record: 11-0-0
Heisman Trophy: Howard Cassady, ohio state, HB points: 2,219
World Series: Brooklyn Dodgers vs. NY Yankees Series: 4-3
1. "Rock Around the Clock" ... Bill Haley and His Comets
Best Picture: "Marty"
Best Director: Delbert Mann..."Marty"
Best Actor: Ernest Borgnine..."Marty"
Best Actress: Anna Magnani..."The Rose Tattoo
Most Popular Television Shows  1. The $64,000 Question (CBS)

Emmy Awards  Dramatic Awards: Peter Pan" (NBC)
Variety Show "Producer's Showcase" (NBC)
Situation Comedy "The Phil Silvers Show" (CBS)
New Show: "The Ed Sullivan Show" (CBS)

Germany becomes a member of NATO
First McDonald's resturaunt opens
King Ranch co-owner Richard Miflin Kleberg Sr. dies at Hot Springs, Ark., May 8 at age 67. His spread has grown to encompass 940,000 acres of Texas rangeland.

The National Farmers Organization (NFO) founded by farmers from northwest Missouri and southwest Iowa will engage in collective bargaining in livestock, grain, and milk nationwide. The farmers have been disgruntled by livestock prices lower than production costs.

DL

dutch pride said:
I'LL PLAY ;D

King Ranch co-owner Richard Miflin Kleberg Sr. dies at Hot Springs, Ark., May 8 at age 67. His spread has grown to encompass 940,000 acres of Texas rangeland.

The National Farmers Organization (NFO) founded by farmers from northwest Missouri and southwest Iowa will engage in collective bargaining in livestock, grain, and milk nationwide. The farmers have been disgruntled by livestock prices lower than production costs.

OK If memory serves me that would make you (a) of my generation (b) younger than me (c) 52?

dutch pride

DL,  You have a great memory,you are correct.  I think my memory is fading fast sometimes. We have a broad range of ages here. Good to see all generations involved and loving cattle.

DLZ

CPL

I was born the same year as when Collin Raye recieved his first Number One single on the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks Charts with _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

The winner of the year and song title wins a new hairdo:  O0

OH Breeder

frostback said:
Okay did some research here goes.
President- Nixon
Prime Minister- Trudeau
Super bowl- NY Jets d. Baltimore 16-7
Stanley Cup- Montreal d. St. Louis 4-0
Kentucky derby- Majestic Prince
Oscar- Oliver
Record of the year- Mrs. Robinson, Simon and Garfunkel. Still one of my favorites.
Beginning of the gay rights movement.
First class stamp .06
Now the ones that give it away.
First man on the moon.
And to the day, Pearl Harbor. I have not had my B-Day yet.

I say 38. Year older than myself. Majestic pride won 1969

OH Breeder

Gypsy said:
Okay how about this?  Birthdate the same as:  John F. Kennedy Jr., Pope John XXIII, Joe DiMaggio, Augusto Pinochet, Gloria Steinem and Christina Applegate.  Birthdate and YEAR the same as Chico Walker and Robert Ehrlich.   :eek:

Robert Leroy "Bob" Ehrlich, Jr. (born November 25, 1957 Making you 50 ;)

OH Breeder

dutch pride said:
I'LL PLAY ;D

born in 1955 making you 52 years young

OH Breeder

CPL said:
I was born the same year as when Collin Raye recieved his first Number One single on the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks Charts with _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

The winner of the year and song title wins a new hairdo:   O0

Floyd Collin Wray (born August 22, 1960, in De Queen, Arkansas[1]) is an American country music singer-songwriter. More commonly known as Collin Raye, he made his debut on the American country music scene in 1991 with the release of his debut album All I Can Be, which produced his first Number One hit in "Love, Me".
Making you 16

OH Breeder

DL said:
frostback said:
DL said:
frostback said:
I notice none of the women are touching this one. (lol)

Easy there Mr Frostbite- some of us covered this in another post and besides you didn't play bioterrorism and you promised! ;)
Sorry but I was on vacation. Just got home late sat and had to haul cows sun, and still getting caught up and trying to get ready for a show.
Not sure how you people know what happened in your birth year I guess I need to research some so I can play.

Well I am glad it isn't that you don't want to play with us! I have no idea what happened the year I was born - I was barely coherent and didn't read the papers then, however, I was in 10th grade when JFK was killed; vividly remember the lottery draft and watching the lottery on TV with a bunch of draft age friends; spent much of my last year in college at the Union watching the Watergate hearings (one of the first all day 24 TV news coverage - black and white of course!). Was in the Canadian Rockies when Nixon resigned in 1974 just before the next phase of my education, and because of school didn't do much with current events for most of the rest of the 70s!
(cow)

The assassination of John F. Kennedy, the thirty-fifth President of the United States, took place on Friday, November 22, 1963, so, if you were in the 10th grade you were about 15 or 16  then close to 58?

shorthorns r us

wouldn't writing papers in school have been easier with Google?

A little different topic.  From where did the name for Google come?  it was the final jeopardy question today.

farmboy

1 googol
= 10100
= 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

frostback

OH Breeder said:
frostback said:
Okay did some research here goes.
President- Nixon
Prime Minister- Trudeau
Super bowl- NY Jets d. Baltimore 16-7
Stanley Cup- Montreal d. St. Louis 4-0
Kentucky derby- Majestic Prince
Oscar- Oliver
Record of the year- Mrs. Robinson, Simon and Garfunkel. Still one of my favorites.
Beginning of the gay rights movement.
First class stamp .06
Now the ones that give it away.
First man on the moon.
And to the day, Pearl Harbor. I have not had my B-Day yet.

I say 38. Year older than myself. Majestic pride won 1969
Close,, Farmboy had it right because I havnt had my B-day this year yet. I am 37 still. Having big anniversarys like the last two make it too easy.

knabe

dori36 said:
Jill said:
Now this is fun!

First oral contraceptives made available to the public

Omigosh, you're in my "neck of the woods", she said without actually throwing out a number!

this is going to sound funny, but i work in the building where the oral contraceptive was developed, and also the first suspension cell corn lines were tranformed.  building has housed a lot of interesting research.

rtnok

Ok I was born the same day that Alaska became a state. I was 10 when kennedy was shot. My draft lottery no. was 42.But was not drafted because Nixon abolished the draft. Yes we were at college listening to the draft drawing.

Jill

Something isn't right, it says that Alaska became a state in 1959 which would make you 48, but I was only 3 when Kennedy was shot to according to that, if you were 10 you would be 53.

rtnok

Jill you are right it's just the day I was thinking it was the same year. sorry  rtnok

AAOK

I'm in, but decided to list some lesser events from the year of my birth.  I've had my Birthday this year.

Mau Mau begin terrorist actions against British in Kenya
Korean conflict continues as truce attempts fail
U.S. begins construction of first nuclear submarine, the Nautilus
U.S. detonates world's first hydrogen bomb
Violent protests erupt in Egypt
Britain develops atomic bomb
Green-tinted chlorophyll becomes a popular additive to a variety of food and medicinal products as a breath aid (a benefit soon to be disputed by many doctors and scientists)
John Cobb sets a water speed record of 206.89 m.p.h. on Loch Ness, Scotland; is killed in process
US Open Golf: Julius Boros Score: 281 Course: Northwood Club Location: Dallas, TX
Best Picture: "The Greatest Show on Earth"