GVC bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

ATM OH

How do the GVC bulls work in club calf oriented herds?  I have always liked the look of the bulls they produce, but rarely see any offspring from them.  I am especially interested in GVC I-Bull.  Any experience would be helpful.

bryan6807

The GVC cattle are more maternal. I have seen many breeders use them with success in clubby operations. Look at Pryors. I bull is owned with the Simpkins family in Michigan. They are one of the best kept secrets in the Maine association. look them up this spring, they will have several Ibull calves on the ground and will give you honest feedback on what he does and does not work with. I have a GVC Suh cow and she is phenomenal. milked awesome as a first calf heifer with her I80 bull calf going to Winegardners. Mac and Connie Smith have used Suh with much success in Kentucky. Dennis Garwood will tell you that Suh is inconsistent in his opinion, but i personally have not seen one i did not like. I have been a little weary on the Maverick cattle, he seems consistent, just not a home run hitter or cow changer. I can tell you that most, if not all their bulls are backed by very good cows. The calves seem to have moderate bw, very vigorous, grow, and mature at the right time.