GWS/SCF Rendition

Help Support Steer Planet:

Biomurph

What are thoughts on this bull?  I have read some older posts but haven't heard him mentioned lately.  What types of calves does he throw, etc.  Thanks for any info you can share!

olsun

I want to bump this topic up because I have a nephew who raises Simmys, and he believes this bull is the real deal. I am interested also.

farmermom

We really like him.  He will give some white mostly a little belly and baldy.  I think we works get on angus cows too.  Throws wide calves with good stout bone.  Most of them are nice deep females too.  We have a daughter. She's gonna be a great cow.  Thinking of flushing her after calf this year.  I'll look for a pic to post.

coachmac

Owen Brothers Cattle Company owns this bull.  I was up there last weekend and got to see him with his work clothes on, as well as a number of calves.  He will not add frame to your cow, but really seems to put a good amt of rib and width in the calves.  Depending on the amount of chrome the cow has would depend wether I would use him.  He has a tendency to add some mot/baldy to most of the calves we seen, even out of the angus.  Really good calves esp out of the angus cows.  I really like this bulls ability to walk.  He is pretty catty and another positive .... really docile.  Adam Owen walks right up to his head, in a pasture full of cows and he didnt even bat an eye.  Calves were not flighty at all and seemed like they would easily be broke to halter if that was your wish.  But, the cows were all pretty laid back as well.  OBCC, if a am thinking straight, took a very competitive Rendition heifer to the Royal where she won division and she was out at Denver as well.... think she was second in class!  We are thinking about picking up some straws outselves.  Their annual sale in April will feature quite a few Rendition calves.  If you would like a contact number please let me know.  The Owens are really nice and helpful.     

kfacres

coachmac said:
Owen Brothers Cattle Company owns this bull.  I was up there last weekend and got to see him with his work clothes on, as well as a number of calves.  He will not add frame to your cow, but really seems to put a good amt of rib and width in the calves.  Depending on the amount of chrome the cow has would depend wether I would use him.  He has a tendency to add some mot/baldy to most of the calves we seen, even out of the angus.  Really good calves esp out of the angus cows.  I really like this bulls ability to walk.  He is pretty catty and another positive .... really docile.  Adam Owen walks right up to his head, in a pasture full of cows and he didnt even bat an eye.  Calves were not flighty at all and seemed like they would easily be broke to halter if that was your wish.  But, the cows were all pretty laid back as well.  OBCC, if a am thinking straight, took a very competitive Rendition heifer to the Royal where she won division and she was out at Denver as well.... think she was second in class!  We are thinking about picking up some straws outselves.  Their annual sale in April will feature quite a few Rendition calves.  If you would like a contact number please let me know.  The Owens are really nice and helpful.     

I live very near, and friends with the feller who produced Rendition..  If you want to know more, call Woody, he'll do the rest..  Rendition is the real deal bull IMO< but I have heard he'll make any color out there... 

Just an FYI, Woody, also produced Rendition's sire..  GWS Ebony's Trademark.. IF that tells you anything (clapping)

firesweepranch

I too have walked the pens with Rendition last year at the Owens sale (a few days before), and was extremely impressed with him. Docile, thick, correct, and covered his tracks. That was right before or after they took him to Tulsa to show, so he was in his show clothes  ;)
The Fields (they are on Steer Planet) has a REALLY nice red baldy female for sale that we liked and almost bought out of Rendition. I talked with Adam Owen (he is our ABS rep) about breeding our Macho half blood (the one I got at Collins sale), and he was honest and said not to do it because she is heavy fronted and he would not clean that up. I really appreciated that about him (Adam), and have several straws in the tank I hope to use on my limited supply of cows this spring  ;D

Biomurph

Thanks for the detailed responses....looks like we might be getting some of him to use.  From what everyone said, he is hetero. black, right?  Thanks again everyone for your responses....you all rock!!!

firesweepranch

LKFSimme said:
Thanks for the detailed responses....looks like we might be getting some of him to use.  From what everyone said, he is hetero. black, right?  Thanks again everyone for your responses....you all rock!!!
Yep. Has to be since he had a red calf (The Fields have a great looking red heifer by him).

firesweepranch

We just walked through a bunch of Rendition calves, bulls and heifers and I am impressed! The Diamond and Spurs sale catalog is on-line, and several of his calves are pictured for sale. Lot one is the heifer that has been winning a bunch this last year; they are selling 1/3 interest in her. His owners tell me that they are selling TONS of his semen to Canada! I guess he is real hot up there.
If you want to see a good sampling of some of his calves, take a look. The catalog is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.edjesales.com/eberspacher/owenbros/

firesweepranch

OK, I just got on after a week of playing at the Nationals, but I have to say I was REALLY impressed with the Rendition calves at nationals. He had three of the top six calves in the final 20 (3rd, 4th and 6th), and several more down the line. This year showed he can stamp a good calf, that's for sure!!!
When Pearl gets the pics up, you need to go to her web site and check out the pics of the winners, FANCY! (thumbsup)

Simmgal

firesweepranch said:
I too have walked the pens with Rendition last year at the Owens sale (a few days before), and was extremely impressed with him. Docile, thick, correct, and covered his tracks. That was right before or after they took him to Tulsa to show, so he was in his show clothes  ;)
The Fields (they are on Steer Planet) has a REALLY nice red baldy female for sale that we liked and almost bought out of Rendition. I talked with Adam Owen (he is our ABS rep) about breeding our Macho half blood (the one I got at Collins sale), and he was honest and said not to do it because she is heavy fronted and he would not clean that up. I really appreciated that about him (Adam), and have several straws in the tank I hope to use on my limited supply of cows this spring  ;D
Not trying to hijack this thread, but he really doesn't clean up the front? I have heard that he has! I am also really interested in him, but some of my cattle are a bit heavy fronted, and I need one to clean them up. I really liked Rendition when I first saw his picture, and I like his sire too! ;D