Hair Help needed

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ms Ray

we have never had a steer with hair like the one we have now,  up until the spring he had long (I mean long) hair.  as soon as we pulled him off the cow and started working his hair it got wavy and gets matted up real easy if my son misses a spot or skips a day working it.  I know that sullivans has a wavy tammer does it work?    Thanks

Mainevent

You can comb the hair down and then forward before blowing it and you can get the waves out that way, I don't have much experience with the wave tamer from Sullivan's but we had some curly haired limousin calves and we just combed it down and then forward.

paj315

We have herefords and the best way we have found is to use a rice root brush when you finish rinsing and brush it straight down then comb it at a 45 angle down then forward. Its the best way we have found to get rid of the wave and curls

OH Breeder

super cheap product that works great to relax hard to handle hair and wavy hair. There is a product called "Cholesterol". You can find it at sally's beauty supply online or in store as well as Walmart. Goes a long way. It looks like Crisco in a jar. Take a few tablespoons of it and mix with warm water til dissolved to make a spray. Use every other day and it will relax and condition the hair quick. You have to watch you don't over use it and make the hair limp. If you are rinsing daily then it shouldn't be a problem every other day brushed in with a rice root brush. At least Once a week use shampoo and wash the hair to get rid of any residual.

Latest posts