hair question

Help Support Steer Planet:

paj315

Our steer has pretty good hair but it is more like fur than hair and is really difficult to clip. Seems to just kind of ball up on my clippers, first thought was blades were dull but put a new set of blades on and still the same thing. Any tips,tricks, or suggestions?

thanks for the input

paj315

He had just been washed and was completely dry. And I blew a good shot of pink oil into him before

AAOK

paj315 said:
He had just been washed and was completely dry. And I blew a good shot of pink oil into him before

That's your problem. The oil is causing his hair to ball. Mix a tube of Hair Gel into daily sheen you're using. Spray on a clean calf, comb in, and dry. Clipping will be a breeze.

paj315

Thanks for the tip. I always thought the pink oil was supposed to help with clipping I will give that a try

siggyl67

AAOK said:
paj315 said:

That's your problem. The oil is causing his hair to ball. Mix a tube of Hair Gel into daily sheen you're using. Spray on a clean calf, comb in, and dry. Clipping will be a breeze.

Curious what kind of hair gel you use?

AAOK

siggyl67 said:
AAOK said:
paj315 said:

Curious what kind of hair gel you use?

Any Brand, smaller tube.  Super Hold! 

renegadelivestock

I was taught an old trick when I was a kid, and I believe it will help you out, spray some armour-all into his hair, after he is completly dry, and blow in for 15 min per side, not only will his hair pop off his hide, but it will straighten as well. Yes i'm talking about the armour-all that you use to shine your car

paj315

Would Sullivan's hair liniment mixed with my sheen work? I usually use that when I am finished with my daily hair work? I blow that in and then use a comb to help train the hair to lay the way I want .