hair supplement

Help Support Steer Planet:

smo

i feel they all are a load of crap i never have done the implants but from what i hear they work best but for feed supplements your best bet is grow and shine only cause it makes them calm from all the melatonin  ;D

CANsteer

this year i bought a tub of shag and it worked really good. takes a couple weeks to start seeing results and you still have to rinse the calves and work their hair everyday too.

bsshow

with the shag do you need to continue to feed once started or how does that work?

CANsteer

feed it until it is gone. back track days from your final show so you know when to start feeding. i think a tub lasts about 60 days

kkisling1

Shag needs to be fed right up until your last show with that animal. Shag is gradually building up melatonin in the animals system and when you stop feeding they will shuck their hair. You will also notice an increase in muscle mass while on shag. Hope this helps

SouthWest

My experience and this is only what we have used.  If not on here, just means I haven't tried it yet.
1. Meletonin Implants
2. Grow & Shine (melotonin liquid)
3. Epic
4. Shag
I am using Purinas Champion Drive as a supplement for digestion and vit and minerals at the moment. I haven't started any of the above cause we are still out over 90 days.  Just with Champion Drive, I am seeing incredible hair growth.  All this has been done with plenty of rnsing and brushing also. If you don't put in the time, none of the above work. Good luck.