hair suppliment on heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

bs372280

We shown steers for the past 20 yrs and always kept our heifers out of the show circuit, because of the condition factor and breeding problems with show heifer females.  This year we have the best female we ever raised and everyone that walked through the calves this year wanted this heifer, so I figured I will have my boy show her.  Know I use Melatine implants on my steers, but was wondering what supplement would not effect breeding or false heats.  Shag, Melatine, or grow and shine

kanshow

Epic is what we use on heifers and have had no issues with heats or breedings.  Prior to using Epic, we had tasco in the ration and no problems there either.   

showsteerdlux

I would also recommend the Epic, that stuff flat out works, and is not that expensive, somewhere in the $55/25 pound bag range. Shag can be used on heifers, but its pretty expensive and I don't think it does any better than epic. The melatonin implants is where I get "iffy" on the heifers. I know of some people that did this that had a lot of trouble with getting heifers bred. Was that the only thing triggering the problems, Idk, however, I'd just stick with something like Epic. Don't know alot about grow and shine except its just concentrated melatonin.

Bradenh

we got told by a guy who owns a feed store who carries epic and I.C.E (internal cooling element) pac. and he says the icepac is the best for heifers and steers both. you can use it year round on all kinds of cows from market to lactating and mothering. we have a fortworth calf on it for about 2 weeks so far. but i would still say its to early to make an assumption on how good it works

zak

I am using something  called hide and hair. It's a new product. She has been on it for about 20 days.

Zak

Bradenh

there is alot of ads in the show-box magazine about that stuff every month. seen pictures of heifers and steers on it. not sure how much truth to it there is  but i seems like good stuff

Latest posts