Half Century of Progress

Help Support Steer Planet:

Woody

Did any of you go and see this?  I Just watched This Week In Agribuisness and seen that they had combines and pickers running, is the corn really that dry down there?  We are about 3/4 dented up here.

BudE

They plant real short season corn as early as possible so they have corn to pick for the show.  They spray the beans they harvest to kill them so they can be cut.  The show was 3 weeks ago but harvest has started in the area.  We have had reports of corn as low as 13% moisture in the area.  More in the 18 to 21 range than anything else.  We've only had 2.5" of rain since fathers day so everything is pretty well burnt up.  Corn yields appear to be off about 25% of normal if your lucky, I've heard of some as low as 80 bu/ac.

LLBUX

Lots of corn already shelled in Western Illinois.    Most folks down about 25% on yield, we'll be about 160 BPA.

My beans should come out this week.  They don't look too bad.  Hope for 50 BPA

Will try to post results when done.

SWMO

Our corn is being rated at BALES per acre rather than bushels per acre.  Bean look to be headed in that same direction.  No irrigation no yield.  Starting to bale beans this week.