Halfblood Simmy heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ol Roy

This is a September Halfblood Simmy i have for sale. She is out of a Dream On son x pure angus Famous x Real Time daughter.  She is extremely good. 
If seriously interested send a message and we can discuss more.
I think she would show great and go on to be a great donor prospect.

Attachments

• DSC04672.JPG
    DSC04672.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 279

Cattledog

Nice heifer.  I am an angus man but the halfblood deal for maines and simmis has always intrigued me.  Love front end on this one!

CPL

ROMAX said:
Nice heifer,will make a great mama cow.donor cow i have my doubts.

She's definitely better than some other's I've seen dubbed as donors. Really nice heifer.

TMJ Show Cattle

This heifer looks really good for the Sim Angus deal. Should make a great Momma cow for you. I'm not going to comment about whether she will be a donor or not. She might not be donor worthy to some,but she might be a donor from hell,for someone else. I would like to know some of the criteria that some people use on determining what cows they use for donors.

AAOK

TMJ Show Cattle said:
I would like to know some of the criteria that some people use on determining what cows they use for donors.

I my opinion, most people think with their Pocket Book when it comes to Donor Cows.  I would say a cow has to be proven by her live calves to deserve such status.  If 66% of her calves have won some worthy shows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(here it comes),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
SHE JUST MIGHT BE A DONOR COW!

ROMAX

AAOK said:
TMJ Show Cattle said:
I would like to know some of the criteria that some people use on determining what cows they use for donors.

I my opinion, most people think with their Pocket Book when it comes to Donor Cows.  I would say a cow has to be proven by her live calves to deserve such status.  If 66% of her calves have won some worthy shows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(here it comes),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
SHE JUST MIGHT BE A DONOR COW!
I SECOND THAT

judge0707

She looks pretty good to me. It doesn't say she is a donor, just says she has the potential to be a donor. Romax, I would like to know what it is about her you don't like?

Diamond

I think that there is more to cattle that make them donor quality than just winning a ribbon walking around the ring, there are cattle for the beef breeders that may not 'throw that style' but have top tenderness or other things going for them.

ROMAX

judge0707 said:
She looks pretty good to me. It doesn't say she is a donor, just says she has the potential to be a donor. Romax, I would like to know what it is about her you don't like?
Im not saying shes no goo,and i do like the looks of her,but everyone with a good heifer says they are a donor prospect.I have heifers and cows i like but they will never be donor cows. So just call them what they are a nice attractive heifer and give her a few calf crops and see if she really is a donor prospect.But thats just my opinion.