Halls Legacy Plus X Midas Cow For Sale and ABC Steer Calf.

Help Support Steer Planet:

sdf

I have included a couple of Pics this time of our Halls Legacy Plus X Midas Cow . The cow is within her window for the calf to be Alias, but looks ABC to me. If not Alias ( she was time bred & bulls let out 2 weeks later) the calf is ABC out of a brangus bull we raised out of Brightside of Brinks.   We are located in Northeast Texas, Near Paris.  We need to move this cow and her calf to raise funds for a new heifer for our 14 year old. The steer should develop in to a nice ABC for Dallas or Texas County Sows with ABC classes.   She is  a coming three year old and this is her second calf at not quite 35 months.  She is very fertile and a good mother.  Here is a chance to get a steer and well bred cow together for a reasonable price.

Attachments

• 100_8023.jpg
    100_8023.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_8026.jpg
    100_8026.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 42

sdf

The calves were due on the 18th and normally We say plus or minus 11 days and this calf falls in that time frame at 10 days.  The problem is he is black which I know that can happen with the alias calves, but he has a little bit of a navel, but he has some thickness and nice bone.  I ll get you a few more pics  of the calf.  Should be a good ABC if not an alias.  She was a top 5 or 6 in a very big class at fortworth as a baby and is a Great mother.  We are asking $1750 for the  pair.  She needs a good home and is a making a good cow.

Let me know if we can help you with here.

Thanks,

Scott

sdf

A couple of extra pictures. The calf is about a day old in these pics so he will look better. Let us know if we can help. She located in Pecan Gap Texas, between Paris and Greenville.

This is the cow we are selling and DL responce when we bought her.

SDF - on paper your heifers dam looks great -she certainly has all the "right stuff" and a clean pedigree as far as genetic defects go. Midas as I said is one of my absolutely favorite Maine bulls for females. He was bred by Flying Dutchman in Iowa - (Pella I think) but the DeHaans who owned DF sold out about 10 years ago. Ashley is the dam of The Witch Doctor - one of the all time great Maine bulls and I think his females are really good mothers.  Polled Pursuit (PLD Pursuit) the story goes was picked out of Canada at 3 month s of age by Mike Hartman who then went back and bought his dam - could be a rural legend but Hartman sure knows cattle. Pursuit was a very influential bull in the breed - like his son Legacy and his grandson Legacy Plus he sired multiple show winning heifers and was a successful show bull in his own right. I have no specific or personal knowledge about the Legacy Plus females as cows, but certainly the bottom side of your heifers pedigree says great cow! I think she should do well for you - can't wait to see a picture, DL

Thanks,

SDF

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_8024.jpg
    100_8024.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 41

sdf

Had a friend stop by to day he thinks its an Alias calf.    He said he has had  black calves out of Alias.  The calf is getting a round good  and is very healthy. 

Attachments

• 100_8022.jpg
    100_8022.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 36