Happy Birthday Telos!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

At that time FarmBoy, you could be dangerous even though you're already that way now. I can see you now, FarmBoy leader of the Jedicow Planet and keeper of Peace.  May the force be with you.

Telos

Thanks, Ohio Breeder and Show Heifer.

If I was 30 again...Well,  better take the fifth on that one.

DL

SRU said:
dragon lady said:
SRU said:
i was curious how long until he is exactly half my age!

and the answer is???

4/1/2011

Guess we better get organized for a big party on 4/1/11 - better book A3, the Amigoettes, Telos and the Chuck Wagon gang - I think that would top an open house
(clapping) (clapping)

justintime

Telos, hope you had a great b-day. Once you get as old as me, you will not have any more birthdays. In my case, I quit having birthdays several years ago.... now I just celebrate the anniversary of my 30th birthday.

DL

justintime said:
Telos, hope you had a great b-day. Once you get as old as me, you will not have any more birthdays. In my case, I quit having birthdays several years ago.... now I just celebrate the anniversary of my 30th birthday.

JIT - I have no idea how old you are (but if you hum a few bars...or if you pick out an important event that occurred during your year 13 I could guess, but I was a decade off with ELBEE)
but I love birthdays - especially mine and I iintend to celebrate them for as long as I have them and then perhaps beyond that!

dragon lady (currently dead) will be celebrating her 900th birthday on sunday - bring chocolate and a sense of humor(clapping) (clapping)

ps no my BD is not sunday

justintime

DL,  are you wanting to know my age mentally, physically of chronicalogically? There oftentimes is a big difference. Tonight this difference is signficgant with me, as I just came in from sorting two pastures of cows. It seems that two of my herd bulls decided to go see what the other was doing and as a result two bunches of cows were together and a bunch of fence was destroyed. These two bulls don't even fight, and they are in pastures seperated by about 1/2 mile.  They were standing together grazing on the lush grass and looked at me as if they were wondering why I had not thought of putting them together long before now. It was lots of fun though as it was very hot, humid and abolsutely dead still. I couldn't have bought a small breeze if I had wanted too. The mosquitos were out in droves and they were big enough to be breeding the Canada geese. By the time I had finished, I think I had even thought up a few new swear words... and I am usually quit calm, cool and collected in these situations. ( Actually, taking the back window out of thenew crew cab dually with the corner of the gooeneck didn't help my mood very much either... You see I was just coming home from delivering some cows when I saw this mess and I thought it would only take a few minutes to sort it out.) 2 1/2 hours later, I was done... in more ways that one.

Most days my mental age hovers around about 28. Right now my physical age is hovering around about 150. If I had known I was going to live this long I certainly would have taken better care of myself. I struggle with my age as I feel like I am not getting any older.... the body I live in just keeps getting older. That is why I think it is best to just celebrate the anniversary of my 30th birthday. Now if I could just convince everyone else around here of this, I might actually be able to offically quit the birthday thing.
My dad says that my physical age could be compared to putting a Kenworth on a Volkswagon frame. Eventually, something is going to give!! He is probably right about that.

Actually, I think age is something that means different things depending on how you are talking about. I have known lots of people who seem to have been born old. They are boring, dull, little or no sense of ha-ha. I am sure you know some like this as well. Some of these people seem to make breathing look like it is work for them. There just aren't enough government jobs to keep  all this group of people employed. Then there are others who are still fun loving and fun to be with when they are in their 80s. They are just as comfortable sitting with a group of teens talking as they are with others their age. My dad is a bit that way. He is now 82... going on 42. It is really annoying( at least to me) when some ask which of us is the oldest. Many people think we are brothers. When he moved to town several years ago he was completley lost. He said he had never been to jail but living in town had to be close to it. I suggested he try getting involved in the senior center activities. He went a couple of times and hasn't been back. He said it was too depressing... all there was there was old people ( most were younger than he was).
So how old am I chronicologically? Well, let's see if you can guess. When I was 13, Decca records turned down signing the Beatles. Moon River won the Grammy for Record of the Year. Probably one of the biggest news events was Marilyn Munroe's death. Tom Cruise  was born in this year ( actually I thought he might have hatched under a rock someplace), and Sean Connery landed the role as James Bond. In some ways, I think I am still 13 but I still had hair when I was 13.

By now I am sure you are sitting there shocked that someone my age actually knows how to type. You bet I can! I could probably come close to setting the world record in two finger typing. When I was in high school my teacher would not allow any of the boys in the class take typing. He said that boys would never use it and it was something that only the girls would ever need to know. I wish he was alive for me to torment about this.  There, I have given you lots of clues about my age. I am OLD..... REALLY OLD.

rtnok

When I turned 50 I thought I would start counting backwards that way when I got to 0 I'd be done!    Roni

DL

JIT - move over you old codger we are the same age! Actually I may be a titch older so I am expecting a little more respect (HA!).  (lol) I know exactly what you mean - it should have been a really quick deal (whatever the issue is) but several hours later we drag our sorry butts to the house and collapse!The brain is a wonderful thing - very young, the body is different ages - some parts feel really old and some just ok and some like a teenager and it changes - too bad they don't all age the same on the same day!

I agree also that some people are born old - they are generally not that much fun to be around - they spend their whole life complaining - these are the people that say "how can you possibly do so much" (well I should sit on my butt and do nothing - why?)

I think age is a state of mind and a good nap never hurts!

ps - did your Dad stay in town?
;D ;D

justintime

DL,

I would never have guessed that you are as old as me. You don't have to worry, I will give you a little respect....but for more reasons than your age.I have enjoyed reading your threads on here.  I am also glad to see that you are still young at heart.  Hope you didn't take my thread as indicating I was embarrassed by my age... I was certainly not that. My age is my age... it is one of those things I cannot change so I don't plan on wasting a bunch of time worrying about things I cannot change. I can't change my age, but I do have some control as to how my age affects me... and my attitudes.

In regards to my dad, he has remained in town, and has now been living there for 14 years now. He still finds it hard at times, and still comes out to the farm almost every day. I sometimes think that he is afraid to stop working, in case he can't start again. We are just starting on a major haying project. We have 1500 acres of alfalfa that needs to be cut and baled right away. It is a tremendous crop and as usual we should have been at it 10 days ago, but we have been delayed by rain ( another major rain coming tonight). I told him a few days ago that I had arranged for a cousin who farms near us to come and help us. My dad said" What is he going to do?  There is only room for one of us in each tractor! Oh well, I guess I better enjoy all his help while it is available.

I know full well that I will miss all the things my dad does here on the farm, when the day comes that he can no longer work. I do become frustrated at times when I see him driving into the yard early in the morning, and I think he shouldn't have to be still working this hard at age 82. Again, this is probably one of those things that I cannot change, so I shouldn't let it bother me. I know full well that dad wouldn't want it any other way.

I am sure all who read this,who are the of the same vintage as DL and myself would probably agree, that we grew up in  some pretty good times.... and the music of the 60s and 70s  ROCKED. 

Gypsy

Hey Telos Happy Belated Birthday!  Sorry I missed wishing you a great one on your day.   :D  Hope it was a great one!

JIT - I know exactly what you mean.  I HATE looking in a mirror - always has been uncomfortable, but the image looking back lately is so much OLDER looking than the person standing in my shoes.  (At least most days).  ;D  I also had bulls doing the pasture shuffle this week, naughty boys.  I suppose (hope) that they are doing this because they are getting bored.

Telos

Thanks Gypsy,
Wishes from you is always good. Hope you're hanging in there

...  getting old ain't for whimps.

red

This sounds silly but I'm happier, more content & more comfortable w/ myself at 40+++ than I was at 20 or 30!
Looking forward to the next 40 some years! Now, if the body just keeps going I'll be doing great!

Red (lol)

DL

I always figured I wouldn't be who I was if I hadn't been who I was then - so if I am happy with who I am then I don't want to go back to who I was!

JIT - great music - absolutely great music - it is what I still listen to.....