Hard Core calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

As many know this has been a bull year here for us (10 bulls 1 heifer)  most have been Hard Core's.  Ours were really little and they are really taking off.  I was surprised how fast they are getting a butt and adding thickness.  What are your thoughts out there? (welcome)

chambero

What kind of cows?  I've got a show heifer bred to him + several cows. 

justme

Most of ours were first calf heifers.  Most go back to Popular Haven smith built.  I do have a real nice bull calf (soon to be steer) out of a Lithium cow.  Lithium goes back to Dejongs.  My favorite is a solid red bull out of a red cow out of our old heard bull FSC Knight Rider (his grandsire is Smithbuilt) he is so deep and thick...got a butt that pops already.  That cow also goes back to gjB action and Mr Tri pld DImension.  Most are purebreds.  Now my angusxmaine heifers that were bred to are not doing much for me yet...time will tell they just don't have the bone.

OK I rambled enough

Joe Boy

Give em time.... those heifers might fool you......  nearly all will do better on their second calf too......  I had a calf that was out of a good AI bull and I did not like him at first and now I wish he had not been band..... he is Maine/Angus/ Semi on the dam side and Maine on the sire side and he has big ears, lots of hair and looks really good..... he was born in Feb and will not fit any of the shows around here..... if he had been a month later he could worked for our state fair...... looks too good to go to market..... 

Latest posts