~~Hard Core~~

Help Support Steer Planet:

Weaverv3

One of my steers last year was a hardcore calf. He had the leg none hair structure and frame to be great. However he grew up to tall too fast I could never catch  him back up to where he needed to be. Now that could have been just the calf, or his sire or dam or a combo of all three.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 261

willow

We have a Hard Core cow and we had a HC steer not from the same cow family.  They were both red, they both had/have too much leg, both of ours were real picky eaters, the cow has decent hair, the steer was almost bald.  Now I love our cow she is really sweet dispositioned, milks pretty good, and had a real decent calf this year.  As a heifer she AI'd the first go, calved with very little assistance and AI'd right back.  She is a bit of a wreck to look at though.

I think if you bred him to a cow that had a huge middle and was a real soggy, easy fleshing type that was close to the ground, you would be in good shape!  JMO

Simmgal

Is this a clubby bull? I know there is a Hard Core simmental bull, but this sounds like a clubby sire..I am just curious as to what breed he is.

wyatt

if im not mistaken i know he is maine but i think he is high percentage ive seen some good calves outa maine cows but the calves got some legs on em

farmin female

Had a reserve champion maine steer in NM last year at the state fair.  Breeder said he was a hard core out of a double stuff bred cow.  Loved the calf.  Red, soft middled, ate good had good hair was about 49-50 inches tall and 1250 lbs.  Finished like a dream.  I would buy them like that all day long.

ZNT

We have done very well with the CMAC Hardcore genetics.  The first picture is of our proven easy calving sire ZNT Triple X.  The second picture is of a 3/4 sib to Triple X and Jenna.  She is a Hardcore out of a CTR Success x Traveler 6807 cow.  And below is a link of a picture of our ZNT Jenna donor cow.  She is a Hardcore out of a CTR Success x Double Bred Showtime cow.  Jenna is the only full sib to Triple X, and the dam of our ZNT Montego Bay bull.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LPsziJh7dmw/S1khu1Bc4jI/AAAAAAAAHgI/ZB0NYR2hY5s/s1600-h/ZNT+Jenna.jpg

If you look at the pedigrees of these cattle, we have done well crossing him on cows with a touch of Chi genetics in them.  Specifically the CTR Success genetics.

Attachments

• triple x bull email.JPG
    triple x bull email.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 202