Hard Whiskey Semen Price

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cow Chaser

I was shocked at the price of Hard Whiskey semen on the steerbidder.com sale.  It basiclly averaged $200 a straw for an unproven bull, that is amazing to me.  Don't get me wrong I love his look and his pedigree but $200 a straw all I can say is WOW!!!

CAB

Has anyone seen Hard Whiskey within the last 3 or 4 months? I'm curious as to how he is going to mature out.

obie105

Hes been at REI I know for a little while now. Some calves should be coming soon since they did get a few bred last year too him.

bluffcountrycattle

Didn't semen avg over $400 at Griswold's sale last month?  This looks like a bargain....unless it goes to $100 a straw in a few more weeks!  ;)

chambero

If anyone hasn't noticed, Griswold typically restricts the sale of semen on his top bulls.  I imagine that the implementation of this sales approach has had more than a little to do with the unavailability of his semen up to this point.  As much as some might not like it, John has a pretty good track record in regards to the quality of the bulls he promotes in this way.

Gargan

bluffcountrycattle said:
Didn't semen avg over $400 at Griswold's sale last month?  This looks like a bargain....unless it goes to $100 a straw in a few more weeks!   ;)

it averaged around $250 in griswolds sale, the irish whiskey averaged about $420.

tf82

I hope the calves are good. We have one coming in Feb out of the lot 1 cow from Holtkamps sale.

skeeter20

seen him at Nichols this past spring/summer. Best bull there, next in line was MAB, if you like color.

BRdoc

With all this "strategic" marketing taking place with Hard Whiskey, I only have one question. Wouldn't it be better marketing to have full disclosure with your clients and actually fill your existing semen orders before offering to the public. Heck, Top Sires is selling some on Breeders World today!! I'm OUT.

chambero said:
If anyone hasn't noticed, Griswold typically restricts the sale of semen on his top bulls.  I imagine that the implementation of this sales approach has had more than a little to do with the unavailability of his semen up to this point.  As much as some might not like it, John has a pretty good track record in regards to the quality of the bulls he promotes in this way.
He just wasn't producing, not a strategy. Also not a put down, it's artificial fertility, not an indicator of real world fertility.