Has anyone been to a McCullough Fitting Clinic?

Help Support Steer Planet:

siggyl67

I was just wanting to see if anyone had been to a McCullough Fitting Clinic?  I was wanting to go with my daughter, and did not know much about the clinic.  We are new to trying to learn how to clip our show animals and was looking for help.

CPL

I attended one this past spring and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would reccommend it to anyone. Very nice, helpful people.

justme

I went last year with my daughter who was 10 at the time.  What a difference it made in her confidence.  Chuck and his wife are some of the most patient people in the world.  It doesn't matter if your a beginner, or experienced, they take the proper amount of time with everyone.  My daughter and I teamed up on her heifer, I did one side, she did the other.  Now, she fights me for the clippers.  (Which makes daddy very nervous when either of us touch them around the heifers lol)

I would highly reccomend his clinic to anyone.  Feel free to send me a message if you have questions.

RSC

justme said:
I went last year with my daughter who was 10 at the time.  What a difference it made in her confidence.  Chuck and his wife are some of the most patient people in the world.  It doesn't matter if your a beginner, or experienced, they take the proper amount of time with everyone.  My daughter and I teamed up on her heifer, I did one side, she did the other.  Now, she fights me for the clippers.  (Which makes daddy very nervous when either of us touch them around the heifers lol)

I would highly reccomend his clinic to anyone.  Feel free to send me a message if you have questions.
  Darn, I wish this subject would have come up a while ago!  I was waiting for you to respond as they were having a 3 day school in Nebraska and I'm sure we're to late!  Good to hear though, will have to try next year!

Tony

RSC

justme said:
I bet if you call they'll let you in unless they are full. 
Justme, thanks so much for the Advice!  I took my Oldest Son and my Niece who has been very timid in the past!  Would advise anyone to check outh their clinics!  I have two kids that will never forget this weekend!  The confidence they have after 3 short days is a delight!  (clapping)

Thanks,

Tony

Show Heifer

McCullough and his family are top notch folks for sure.
They also get some very nice calves to look at in the fall.
Glad you had a great weekend!
Good luck at your fair.

TMJ Show Cattle

I'm glad this topic has showed up on here. There are several folks who think the only clinic to go to to learn much is at my good friend Kirk Stierwalts. Kirk will be the first to tell you that other clinics do great jobs of teaching also. It is just like buying cattle: some folks think their money is wasted if their steer dosen't come from so and so. I have watched the McCullough's put on their demo's and think they do a fine job. As and added bonus they usually have cattle for sale that are of very good quality.

RSC

Show Heifer said:
McCullough and his family are top notch folks for sure.
They also get some very nice calves to look at in the fall.
Glad you had a great weekend!
Good luck at your fair.
Mark this thread down, Show Hiefer and I are in complete agreement! (clapping) The McCullough family are top Notch People! With their personalities,  the kids were very comfortable to listen and ask questions!  They brought most of their family along so it made for a very laid back family type atmosphere!

During the final day they had Showmanship instruction as well as showing their calves!  Both the kids did very well IMO.  They both agreed that if it was a real competition for a trophy that they would have been smoked if Cody McCullough was showing against them!  It's nice to have a father like Chuck explain what they all do as a family and then see his son show his ability around the calves and make his own comments as well!

Tony

Show Heifer

Wow! RSC and I in agreement.... has anyone checked on the demand for ice water "down south"?  GRIN!!!!

Just kidding!