Has anyone tried...........

Help Support Steer Planet:

dori36

simtal said:
Has anyone tried making some kind of crossbred calf that has some degree of waygu in it?  I was wondering if say a 1/8 blood waygu 3/8 angus 1/4 simmy 1/4 charolais would work (or some other combination).  If you could get the ability of waygu to grade (hell even half) combined with traditional breeds that would be really valuable (and still black). tell me what you think.

Heck, it'd be a lot easier to just use Lowline semen to increase your chances of the calves grading!  Lowlines = marbling!

dori36

fluffer said:
We are trying to get our version of Kobe beef, not just a good prime carcass.

I guess in Japan, the real deal is so rich that we would get sick if we ate it.  Their grading system goes up to like and 8 and our prime would be equal to their 3 or 4.

Fluffer

I think there's more to producing Kobe beef than just using Wagyu cattle.  The feeding regimen includes sake and more and there is also a massaging and calming atmosphere component of the raising and slaughterng.  It's a whole different  environment that I don't we in the US would even comprehend!  If you Google "kobe beef" and, then, go to the Wikipedia sites, there's a pretty concise definition.

4Ts4H

GONEWEST said:
Also, in general, Asian countries aren't importing the higher priced cuts of beef. It's mostly the lower stuff that the packers have a hard time making any money on. That's why they are so adamant about our ability to export it.

Granted, most of the export to these countries is of the variety meat type.  But let us not forget that they also WANT ribs and chuck pieces.

Latest posts