Has anyone tryed Winning Fill from Kent Feeds?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Tex

Just curious if anyone has tryed this feed.  I think there is another company that makes a feed similar to it if anyone has tryed that also, I would like to hear about it.

chambero

I have a friend that has used it down here in Texas who thought it worked great last year.  I think its still pretty hard to come by down here, so I would be interested in any alternatives you know of.  We haven't needed it yet this year, but plan to use it this winter.

inthebarnagain

We used it and I didn't notice any difference with our heifers than what we had ground ourselves.  My husband called it glorified haylage.  We use some things in our ground food though that puts a lot of bloom on our calves anyway though.   

Tex

I think it is suppose to put a fill or make them look deeper bodied, similar to beet pulp or hay.  I saw some of it at a show it was sweet smellin stuff.  I thought cattle would really like it.

justme

We love it...we have a heifer that hates to eat feed without some on it.  It really helps keep them on feed also at shows and makes them drink.  Not sure if its got salt in it or what but even the snobbiest of heifers that won't drink at a show (at least our experience) will with this stuff.  My 6 year old told us it smells good enough to eat lol...  Its pricey but we really use it as a top dress and think its great

bcosu

i think it really gets calves filled up for shows. feed it to them for a few days before and they gt used to it and fill up on showda easier. i think it really helps the green ones look better earlier. plus if you are holding one it keeps them pretty fresh too!

Tex

Is there another brand of this type of stuff.  I am having a hard time finding it in my area.

chambero

Acco may make a version of it.  It's on their website, but I've never seen it in a store.

RSC

We love it.  I've never had a heifer drink at a show the way this years heifer on Winning Fill did.  50 lb bag for about $16 and it goes along way.  They say start feeding it about 3 dayse before the show.  I started over a week before.

RSC

NHR

Winning Fill is really good for keeping cattle eating at shows. Our cattle love it.

NHR

in Texas Winning Fill is sold at Evergreen dealers because Kent owns Evergreen.

doubled

We use it on the new calves especially, it works great, and the calves love it.

DaHerd

My show heifer doesnt seem to like it for some reason. I put it on the top but she just pushes it aside and eats around it. Not sure why, must just be a her personal preference.