Hat's off to DeRoucheys

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

I want to make it clear...I do not work or promote for Fred DeRouchey first off.  I just got my catalog and my hats off to Fred and his crew!  I see that EVERY(every single one) tested negative to PHA and TH.  How wonderful to see the largest breeder of Maine Anjou's in the United States did this. Also they were tested for the GeneSTAR tenderness.  I went last year and wish I could go this year.  My hat is off to you guys for offering a clean set of bulls!  Good luck Saturday I'll be watching online (pop)

red

Very good! I haven't seen mine yet. Can't wait!  (clapping)
I hope that all the catalogs start posting results. I mean there is no reason not to post TH status. How long has that test been in effect?

Red

genes

Is the catalog online (and if so, what's the website)?  I'm won't be buying, but I've heard so much good about their program on the boards, I would love to look at it.

red

genes said:
Is the catalog online (and if so, what's the website)?  I'm won't be buying, but I've heard so much good about their program on the boards, I would love to look at it.

Gene, go to: http://www.deroucheycattle.com/
Super nice people, super nice cattle.

Red

Joe Boy

I watched his program on RFD-TV about his Maine cattle.  He has done an outstanding job with his Maines and has some of the best going.  He says he does not breed for the show steers but consistent cows and bulls and that seems to be the case and they can be used in the show steer bloodlines.  He used to riase hogs.  I am really impressed with his genetics, operation and his nature....he helps those who buy cattle from him too.... (clapping)

Joe Boy

I really like the bulls and his catalogue that he put out.  One bull was pulled and I do not know why but I am sure that it did not meet his standard.  If I could get off.....I have two funerals to attend.....I would be really interested in the following bulls:  #3, #17, #63 and #70....or just about any of them.  #3 would be my choice and 17 would be second with 63 and 70 following.  What did some of you want to bring home?

Telos

OK. I didn't have the patients to watch all of DeRouchey's' sale. Did see the lot one bull though. WOW!!!  80,000 for 1/2
interest. Wonder who got him bought.  Wonder if Hartman bought him?  It looked like a successful sale to say the least.

Red, know you watched the whole thing with all that popcorn you cooked up. (pop)  (pop)  (pop)

Everyone is expecting a full report.

red

I wandered off about 1/2 way through.
High lots were:
Bulls
lot 1- $80,000 for 1/2 interest
9- $25,000
3 -$20,000
5 - $16,000
10- $12,500

Heifer ( here is were I had chores to do)
151- $35,000
152- $4900
169- $4600
If anyone else has higher heifer prices, post them or any corrections.
the donkey brought $500
Sale was well run & the set-up was great to see the cattle. Sound was muffled at times. Several internet bids did not go through.
Any comments?
Red
Red

Jill

152-4900
153-5000
160-20,000
165-20,000
162-6,000
530S-7,500
Really good sale, congratulations to the DeRouchey family. 
For anyone that was at the sale, what happened on lot 169, I loved her picture!.  I wasn't paying attention and really thought she was way out of my price range and she ended up selling way under the radar, did she look different in person, or what was the deal? 

red

Thanks Jill for filling in some of the blanks for me. Was that you on- line?

Jill, I was surprised at 169 too! I don't know if maybe she was a little green. She was a younger heifer. I thought from the presale nerves a lot of people were interested in her. Do you think her hype hurt her so that people just didn't bid on her? I thought that was problably the buy of the day.

Red

Jill

Ya, that was me, we weren't really looking to buy a heifer, but if she is as good as she looks in that picture someone got one heck of a deal.  I would have spent that on her in a heartbeat, I was waiting for the bidding to take off and it just never did.

justme

I AM CRYING STILL!  I didn't get a number because Fred said there was so much interest before the sale.  I figured she would go over $10,000 just from being at the sale last year and knowing there quality of cattle.  That lucky person who got her... I hope my daughter doesn't meet her here in MO unless she was a wreck and we didn't see it .  Great sale and a great set of animals

Joe Boy

What did bull 63 and 70 bring? 
If you have it, how about #17.  I think this one might have been a great herd bull.

My favorite was #3, so I thank you for the price..... I thought he would bring more... :(

Thanks

Jill

17-5500
69-4600
70-6500
70 went to Rice Club Calves, he brought our bull back so we got to see him yesterday, he looked really good.

Joe Boy

Makes you proud to see what you have brought into this world.....

Thanks for the prices.....

One more please, #63  if you have it....

Thanks again, Jill.