hauled to or from foundation sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Richburg

if someone needs hauling anywhere along  I-75(FL and GA), I-24(TN and KY), I-57 and I74 (IL) or to western Indiana i will be making a trip to dwyers sale labor weekend

if so pm or email me

[email protected]

shortyjock89

Hey Richburg- If you need someplace to stop off and rest a bit, we're 20 minutes east of I-57.  Might even have a calf or two that are worth lookin at  ;)

maine106

I have a couple of friends with cattle in the sale so I hope that lots of people are needing rides :D  Since I take it you are driving a long way I hope you end up with what you want and let us know!!

Richburg

K_state_katy i sent you a pm and Olson i might have to take you up on your offer so send me a pm on your address......and how much does that shorty steer you have weigh?

TJ

I saw that shorty steer a few weeks ago.  I don't want to guess a weight, but it was a good sized April calf. 

Olson lives about 15-20 minutes north of I-74 and it's not far at all from the Indiana line and it's so close to your route that may as well stop be.   

I doubt that you want to look at any Lowlines, etc. or drive on a few 2 lane roads, but I might as well be hospitable too.  If you have any truck/trailer trouble in KY or southern IL, or if you need a place to unload/load something, I'm an hour or so from I-24 Fort Campbell/Hopkinsvile/Clarksville, 45 minutes from I-24 at Eddyville, about an hour from I-57 in Marion, IL & just a little over an hour to I-57 in Mt Vernon, IL.  I'm also only about 12 miles from the Shawneetown IL Bridge, and even though the roads aren't as good as the Interstate, part of it is 4 lane, and it is actually shorter to drive through here from Hopkinsville, KY to Mt Vernon, IL.   

Richburg

im not sure what way we will go up.......last year coming back we followed a friend down the indiana/ illinois line and went on down through Evansville theni guess we went down the pennyrile to i-24......i guess that is what you are talking about?

TJ

Not exactly, although the Evansville route is probably the closest of all to where you will be going & it is all 4 lane.  I just hate driving up 41 through Indiana with a passion.  WAY TOO MANY STOP LIGHTS & POLICE CARS!  But, I am only 20 minutes from the Pennyrile at Henderson, KY.     

I was talking about coming up the Pennyrile, exiting off at Madisonville, crossing the bridge at Shawneetown, IL & heading up to Mt Vernon, IL.  It's shorter if you are heading from Hoptown/FT Campbell to Mt Vernon, IL, traveling that way, but it's also 2 lane for about 1.5 to 2 hours.  I know the roads, there is usually not much traffic & I tend to have a bit of a led foot at times.  But, I've had out of towners complain about the 2 lanes being slow.  Not saying that I necessarily advise doing it, but like I said, if you have trouble or need a place to load/unload, it's really not out of the way.