have to order from ABS for political reasons

Help Support Steer Planet:

yuppiecowboy

Anyone seen any Point Taken, My Turn, or Q Dogs?

I am using my local abs guy to do my AI this year as I am planning on not being around much during the heart of breeding season. Other than HW clone number whatever I can get and Smooth Sailing, I feel I owe it to the guy to buy off his shelf. If anyone has any input it would be considered and appreciated

Show Heifer

That is admirable, although if the AI'er insist on using abs semen, make him an offer. Pay him $X to AI with his semen, and $X plus $5 for using other semen.

I do not think putting your herd plans second is a good idea. That being said, I thought I had received a catalog a while back that had a bunch of q-dogs. Anyone remember who it was?

knabe

yuppiecowboy said:
I feel I owe it to the guy to buy off his shelf.

did he make you feel that even though there is no contract?

you have the money, breed the way you want.

Chap

I really like the My Turns that I have seen. Have a couple myself in the last couple days and really like them so far.  ABS is a good place to buy semen. their quality control measures give me an extra piece of mind as I have always had good conceptions on the juice I get from them.

chambero

I started out in a similar situation (our ABS guy fills my tank).  I talked to him about it and they usually can order from anywhere and still get a commission.  Ask and make sure.  One positive on ABS is their delayed payment deals if that helps you.

yuppiecowboy

Thanks for the input one and all. I dont feel OBLIGATED to do anything, its just that all things being equal, these are bulls I would consider anyway. I am using Smooth Sailing and HW whatever and they will be doing the heavy lifting on my cows. I will be paying the guy whether its ABS, SEK, PDQ, etc I just like doing business that way.