have you see calves by....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

Im looking at bulls right now and wondered if anyone has seen calves by Raven,gambles hot rod, grid topper,connnealy packer or bt crossover. any tips on what kind of cow to use them on? Thanks!!

Turkey Creek Ranch

I watched Connealy's sale a couple weeks back, and i was not impressed with the Gambles Hot Rod calves. They are a "showier" type of Angus. They did not sell well at all, i wouldnt use him. Just my take on him. As for the others, i havnt seen any off them yet.

Hope this helps!

bluffcountrycattle

I would lean towards TC Grid Topper and BT Crossover...have seen several good offspring out of both and they are pretty proven.  The Grid Topper daughters I guess are making excellent cows with really nice udders from what I've heard.  Crossover might be a touch easier calving if breeding to heifers.

I was able to get a nice son of TC Grid Topper bought this spring for a herd bull...really correct and thick, and out of a very nice 8180 X 6807 dam!  He is pictured below...

Attachments

• RTMTopShelfWebsmall.jpg
    RTMTopShelfWebsmall.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 426

bluffcountrycattle

Thanks Red...stumbled on this after the decline of BW...lots of good stuff and interesting conversations!!

red

bluffcountrycattle said:
Thanks Red...stumbled on this after the decline of BW...lots of good stuff and interesting conversations!!

we certainly are an  interesting group ! usually not  dull moment. never know where a thread is going or who'll hijack it!  ;)

Red  (welcome)

bluffcountrycattle

I'm kind of a regular on advantage cattle services, but sometimes that gets a little too deep and serious...

OH Breeder

bluffcountrycattle said:
I'm kind of a regular on advantage cattle services, but sometimes that gets a little too deep and serious...

Is that www.advantagecattleservices.com?
Too deep.... well we may not always seem to deep but it can get heated. This is the most informative board of people I have ever found. LOTS of good REAL information from real people. I really enjoy checking in. Some of the knowledge just blows me away.
Welcome aboard.