Having Fun at the County Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

steermomintx

You know moms have to brag a little.  I just wanted to share a few pictures of what it is all about and why we do it!!!  My son is 10, my middle daughter is 6 and the little one is 4 (going on sixteen, lord help me with this one)!!

The white heifer is my daughters shorthorn heifer.

Attachments

• Kendall Co Fair 016.JPG
    Kendall Co Fair 016.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 531
  • Kendall Co Fair 010.JPG
    Kendall Co Fair 010.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 528
  • Kendall Co Fair 021.JPG
    Kendall Co Fair 021.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Kendall Co Fair 011.JPG
    Kendall Co Fair 011.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 524

Simmymom1

(angel)  Oh my goodness, they are all so adorable!!  You must be really proud of them, they looked like they did really good.  How did the heifer place, because she looks really good.  What else are ya'll showing at your fair and when is it over?  Lisa

steermomintx

Simmymom1 said:
   (angel)   Oh my goodness, they are all so adorable!!  You must be really proud of them, they looked like they did really good.  How did the heifer place, because she looks really good.  What else are ya'll showing at your fair and when is it over?  Lisa

Thank you very much and yes I am proud, you know us moms.  The heifer was the Champion Shorthorn Heifer.  My son had 3 steers a 1st place Charloais, a 2nd and Reserve Champion Angus and a 2nd place Brahman.  We had a great day.  Our fair was over labor day weekend it ran from Friday thru Sunday.

McTX

Congratulations! That show ring looks like Boerne, Texas. How were the steer numbers this year? Are you showing there in Jan. 2009?

shortdawg

That's what it's all about, those kids and having fun as a family. There's nothing like a Shorthorn in a little young lady's hands. Congrats on your kids and your cattle. (clapping)

farmgirl760

Congratulations!!  I had to smile at the picture with your daughter blowing off the white heifer in the chute in flipflops... I am notorious for going out and doing my work in flipflops also!! Glad to see im not alone :)

doubled

How cute, I sure do miss that its the best of times- keep enjoying them

steermomintx

McTX said:
Congratulations! That show ring looks like Boerne, Texas. How were the steer numbers this year? Are you showing there in Jan. 2009?

Yes that is Boerne, Texas.  I think they said the fair had about 60 something head it is only open to surrounding counties.  We were back there again this weekend they put on a sanctioned show and had about 140 steers there--we had a 2nd place brahman, 2nd place angus and 5th Charloais.  We will head to Hondo this weekend.  Where are you from??