HBO documentary

Help Support Steer Planet:

Eberth

Is anyone watching the documentary on Hog farms on HBO. It never ceases to amaze me how these animal rights activists find the one bad apple in s group and them make eveyone that is un educated about these things think this is all common practice on any farm.it is operations like those that give us all a bad name and make it difficult for the rest of us.

ShowmanQ

BAD PUBLICITY MAKES FOR GOOD GOSSIP. Why on earth would the media want to shoot video of a "good guy's farm", that would not get near as many viewers. It would be deemed another "farm show", and people would not watch it. I look at it this way, for every bad rep. we get through a TV show, ad, etc. we need to fight it with 1-2 dozen letters to the editor/producer/group leader etc, inviting them to come and take a look at the "majority". The majority of producers do not run their operations in a shabby half-cocked fashion, they would not make near the profit that way. The guy's doing it the legit way are the ones making the profit by staying in business, this is basically boring to the general public. Do you ever see "normal sound minded" people on MTV shows like the Real World? NO.Why? PEOPLE LOVE DRAMA.

Bad publicity from the media and activist groups has been and will continue to be a major problem for producers. I would suggest not watching the program and suggesting to others that they do the same, not to cover up the "evils" of production agriculture, but instead to take away some potential viewers. We spent nearly 3 hours in a "MEDIA AWARENESS TRAINGING SEMINAR" last summer at the OCA Young Cattlemen's Conference, and it was truely enlightening. I would love to be interviewed and or be involved in da ebate with an activist rep. ;)

knabe

call HBO, tell them they are biased and cancel your subscription. 

it goes against most media outlets to portray anyone in a positive light as most people know it doesn't sell advertising.

HBO is backed by a mostly homogeneous intolerant group of people.