HD Video Camera

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

Anyone got an opinion on this
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=833&subcategory=834&product=18108&WT.cg_n=Campaigns&WT.mc_id=19922&AID=10294476&PID=1225267&SID=u0t1245297f0fp0c0s622

There is a coupon for $100 off right now, so it would make it $129.99 for an HD quality pocket video cam.

I was going to start filming some of my brother's calves this summer for his private treaty sale.  I like how small it is and just being able to have it in the truck or a pocket.

There is videos of its hd quality on youtube and it looks amazing. 

18108.png

jason

Oh, here are the details on the promotion they are offering right now....

VADO HD for $129.99 with free s/h from Creative!!
Creative is selling the Vado HD for 229.99, and you can use coupon code: VADOHDFRIENDS to take $100 off instantly. All orders qualify for free shipping.

You may use the code at the confirmation page after inputting all your details.

Sales tax is collected for orders shipped to AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA and WA.

Deal ends 3/22/2009

Capture life in HD

See it, shoot it, share it - capture life's unforgettable moments in high-definition clarity and share them online with Creative's Vado HD Pocket Video Cam. The thin, lightweight Vado HD is small enough to fit in a pocket, purse or the palm of your hand, and easily captures video in 720p high-definition quality with just the touch of a button. The Creative Vado HD is the only pocket video camera to feature high quality HDMI connectivity and an included HDMI cable that provides 1080i output to an HDTV.

BJN

Jason said:

I just tried to buy it but the coupon code doesn't work.  It says it does not exist.  Tell me what you think of this gadget.  Is is worth the price?  Will it work?  Or is it junk?

jason

Well, the amazon reviews are good, and the youtube videos in hd are outstanding

I was looking at some confirmation also as I have never really studied these mini hd video cameras

jason

From the videos on youtube, they look pretty good and you can tell most of the people are holding them.

I should have bought it earlier.

I know hd videos will be extremely large, but you can also use them for burning playable dvd discs or this camera would plug directly into your hi def tv with hdmi.

RSC said:
Jason said:
You are right deal is dead, kind of a bummer as it said that offer was good through the 22nd

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1245297
Jason  a close friend and I were discussing this camera,  can you get good quality videos with a small handheld like this or do you need to use a tri-pod when filming cattle?

Thanks,

Tony

creativecattle

One thing to keep in mind that HD takes up twice as much computer space, time to download, render all that stuff. Obviously with this camera you wouldn't be able to attach a tripod, but you would be surprised that a lot small cameras and be fitted with an attachment so they can screw onto a tripod.

I always wonder with small cameras like that is the zoom is very good one them?

jason

I got plenty of space on my computer, 2 tb, but webspace would be the issue.  Also they would be a bear to upload, our internet provider allocates something like 284 kbps on the upload compared to 3 mb down.

The other issue for users watching the video is your processor.  I have a computer up front that it is running just pentium 3 with a clock speed of around 900 mhz and it just skips like crazy and maxes out cpu usage when watching hd content.  But, I have no problem with a quad core, w/ 4gb ram, on the same internet connection.

I know there are a lot of hd videos showing up on youtube, I can defintely see it being the future as we get faster connections.

creativecattle said:
One thing to keep in mind that HD takes up twice as much computer space, time to download, render all that stuff. Obviously with this camera you wouldn't be able to attach a tripod, but you would be surprised that a lot small cameras and be fitted with an attachment so they can screw onto a tripod.

I always wonder with small cameras like that is the zoom is very good one them?

jason

Ok, I bought one,  $99 bux on sellout.woot the other night.  I should had posted about it, but been way too busy.

I will get the specs up later, as well as some video.

Latest posts