Headgates

Help Support Steer Planet:

lynle1234

I know someone posted on here a while back about using headgates...but I can't find the post.  (Yes I tried searching but must not be searching the right words).

I am looking for information on headgates- it's a gate with 5 or so head locks in the gate, so when the cows come up to eat, you can lock them in and give shots or AI, etc.  If anyone has any information on websites or where to get them, pros, cons, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks1

CAB

Oakbar was the member that posted up about it. I have a cow catcher on wheels that will catch 27 cows at a time. It was may in the Atchinson,Ks. area in the late 80's.

Cowfarmer65

3060 South McNaughton Rd. Douglas, ON. Can.
I have self locking feeder panels myself and they are the best investment you will make. A hereford breeder I fit for has all his yards set up with them. It's set up so that in the fall we can lock all 65 cows in at one time and vaccinate and preg check so easily. No stress on the cows and less stress on the people......you'll love 'em once you've used them.

lynle1234

Yes, exactly what i'm talking about.  Now- does anyone have any suggestions on where to get them.  I'm in the midwest.

shufly

Cowfarmer65 said:
I have self locking feeder panels myself and they are the best investment you will make. A hereford breeder I fit for has all his yards set up with them. It's set up so that in the fall we can lock all 65 cows in at one time and vaccinate and preg check so easily. No stress on the cows and less stress on the people......you'll love 'em once you've used them.

Would you post some pics of yours?

Latest posts