Heat Seeker bull calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

lowann

We had a Heat Seeker bull calf born Friday March 12th.
He's a fast one, so I snapped a quick picture of him after he jumped in the hay feeder.
He's a Heat Seeker, out of a Who Made Who/Platinum cow.

Attachments

• 100_0728.jpg
    100_0728.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 345

lowann

We are hoping he is good enough to stay a bull. Time will tell. Very good on his feet. He's got that" look" to him.
She has had some nice calves in the past, but I think, he is the best calf she has ever had.
I forgot to add, he weighed 85 lbs, born unassisted. Another big plus for a Heat Seeker.

lowann

FutureBreeder said:
If you keep him a bull it would be pretty cool if you would give us updates on him every once in a while, like Josh did with Ivy Leauge.
Will do. All opinions on him are appreciated. Thanks!!!

lowann

Our Daughter's blue roan cow had a Heat Seeker bull calf on April 2nd. 85 lbs born unasisted. He looks pretty good.
The cow is Pa Du Suds/ reg. Angus

Attachments

• 100_0729.jpg
    100_0729.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 295

trademark

the first one looks high twissted and broken shouldered to me.  but what do I know?  Just my opinion

lowann

trademark said:
the first one looks high twissted and broken shouldered to me.   but what do I know?  Just my opinion
Like I said in my post, he is in the hayfeeder, not on solid ground. It makes a difference.

DakotaCow

trademark said:
the first one looks high twissted and broken shouldered to me.   but what do I know?  Just my opinion

I'm glad you have an opinion and rightfully so we are all entitled to, but the picture of the calf was put on this post just to create some interest and because good livestock are fun to look at. I think the calf could be really neat but as will all calves, time will tell. Also we all make spelling errors and I myself dont always use the spell check or use proper grammar but perhaps if you were to pay attention to detail more you would get more respect from some more of the users.  <cowboy>

vet tech

DakotaCow said:
trademark said:
the first one looks high twissted and broken shouldered to me.   but what do I know?  Just my opinion

I'm glad you have an opinion and rightfully so we are all entitled to, but the picture of the calf was put on this post just to create some interest and because good livestock are fun to look at. I think the calf could be really neat but as will all calves, time will tell. Also we all make spelling errors and I myself dont always use the spell check or use proper grammar but perhaps if you were to pay attention to detail more you would get more respect from some more of the users.  <cowboy>
agreed

SKF

Nice calves!! I have always been a fan of Heatseeker calves. Hope you post pics of both in a few months like to see how they turn out. Good Luck!!!

lowann

SKF said:
Nice calves!! I have always been a fan of Heatseeker calves. Hope you post pics of both in a few months like to see how they turn out. Good Luck!!!
Me too!! I love Heat Seeker!
Thanks for all the nice comments, and I will update photos as the grow, and mature.

lowann

lowann said:
Our Daughter's blue roan cow had a Heat Seeker bull calf on April 2nd. 85 lbs born unasisted. He looks pretty good.
The cow is Pa Du Suds/ reg. Angus

Heat Seeker steer.
Here he is now, washed but not clipped yet for The Worth County Club Calf Sale Nov 7th at 2 pm

Attachments

• 100_0847.jpg
    100_0847.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 299

lowann

Rockstar said:
Nice looking steer!  That color on him sure will make him stand out.  Where is the sale located?

Northwood, Iowa. 25 miles North of Mason City, Iowa. 22 miles South of Albert Lea Minnesota.
There will be 50 head of nice show steers & heifers at this sale. No outrageous prices. Well worth the trip.
We are taking an Ali heifer, and a heifer out of our Golden Child cow. The one that is pictured in my Avatar.
She looks allot like her Momma!!