Heat Wave 100

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

cotullaguy said:
OH Breeder said:
Rancher74 said:
   I think I'd still use the Original Heat Wave!  He's Proven and has made us alot money in the past 6 years!  Why would anyone gamble on something unproven?

No here is the original Heat Wave.

are you serious?  that is really Heat Wave?  the good news he is still collecting according to posts on steerplanet..... ;)

Yes, a steerplanet member visited while he was being collected at a facility. That is the original. That is what he posted on here at least as the original. In the same trip he pictured sunseeker and friction who both looked amazingly good.

kk

yep thats him the only difference is the belgian blue can stand up properly

DTW

OH Breeder said:
cotullaguy said:
OH Breeder said:
Rancher74 said:
   I think I'd still use the Original Heat Wave!  He's Proven and has made us alot money in the past 6 years!  Why would anyone gamble on something unproven?

Coudnt have been Friction.  He has been dead for a couple years now.  I saw him at hawkeye probably four years ago and he was having a hard time getting around then on his back legs.

are you serious?  that is really Heat Wave?  the good news he is still collecting according to posts on steerplanet..... ;)

Yes, a steerplanet member visited while he was being collected at a facility. That is the original. That is what he posted on here at least as the original. In the same trip he pictured sunseeker and friction who both looked amazingly good.

trademark

OH Breeder said:
Rancher74 said:
    I think I'd still use the Original Heat Wave!  He's Proven and has made us alot money in the past 6 years!  Why would anyone gamble on something unproven?

he hasnt changed much.  after looking at that picture i am confident that we are headin in the right direction.  calves with 150 lb birth weight that mature like that. this is great

DiamondS

frostback said:
What does it matter what the sire of steers looks like at nine or ten years of age? I have not seen many nine year old steers go to slaughter.

It matters if you keep daughters.....Unless you only want them to last until they are 3 or 4.....

frostback

Heatwave should only be used as a terminal sire. The heifers should be shown as market or go to market. He is not known for his great producing daughters. I know I know there are some but not many daughters.

DiamondS

I know frostback, just stirring the pot a little!  ;)  I wouldn't use him, but I'm not a clubby producer.  My cows got bred to a Maine cross bull last summer.  It was a little beyond my control and after all the calves but one have been over 100lbs, it's pretty obvious I won't be keeping any of them.  Some have a cool look, but not my type....  I'm researching trying to find out what he was...

Dyer Show cattle

I saw heatwave at Hawkeye 2 or 3 years ago and that pic is deff him. WMW did not look much better the same day. Neither one could barely walk. Those bulls were too good for their own good, they would have been hauled off to market and put out of their misery many years ago if they were on a pasture. And really many bulls looking at them you would never believe the name on the pen is what they are after seeing their pics. Still the bulls there I have seen Sunseeker, Aberdeen, and Money shot are hands down the best mature bulls I have ever seen there. I usually stop by once a year and check them out. Some of the others I have seen almost make you think someone is crazy to spend the money to haul the bull there to have collected. Seems most of the other collection places I have went to are all the same as well. Only see 1-5 truely good mature bulls out of 20-30 onsite.

DTW

Dyer Show cattle said:
I saw heatwave at Hawkeye 2 or 3 years ago and that pic is deff him. WMW did not look much better the same day. Neither one could barely walk. Those bulls were too good for their own good, they would have been hauled off to market and put out of their misery many years ago if they were on a pasture. And really many bulls looking at them you would never believe the name on the pen is what they are after seeing their pics. Still the bulls there I have seen Sunseeker, Aberdeen, and Money shot are hands down the best mature bulls I have ever seen there. I usually stop by once a year and check them out. Some of the others I have seen almost make you think someone is crazy to spend the money to haul the bull there to have collected. Seems most of the other collection places I have went to are all the same as well. Only see 1-5 truely good mature bulls out of 20-30 onsite.

And yet we keep daughters out of these crippled up bulls to make cows.  Those females will not last out walking in pastures. 

hntwhitetail

OH Breeder said:
Rancher74 said:
    I think I'd still use the Original Heat Wave!  He's Proven and has made us alot money in the past 6 years!  Why would anyone gamble on something unproven?

Wow... that was heat wave  ..