Heat Wave, WMW mature bull pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

STEERJOCK21L

Does anybody have any pictures of heat wave, wmw or any other pics. I'm just curious to see what they look like with their working clothes on.

Jill

Someone had posted pictures on this forum of bulls, (can't remember where, maybe hawkeye or nichols), might try searching old topics heat wave wasn't one, but who might of been.

yuppiecowboy

No pics, but I can tell you WMW was a pleasant surprise to see. Might be the most impressive mature bull I had ever seen and sound. Danced around like a yearling. Never would have thought it given some experiences I had with who babies.

Conversly Heatwave is painful to look at. I dont if it is the life in the stud getting jumped on concrete or what but he could barely move when I saw him.

CAB

I was wrong. It wasn't Justme that took the pics & posted them. I went back & searched, it was Iowa on May 14th, 2007. The topic was A.I. Bulls. There are some good pics of bulls that are talked about frequetly here on the planet.

justme

I was there but didn't post the pictures.  Heatwave is pretty sad...his clone looked solid.  Didn't see WMW while there.

chambero

I asked Matt Lautner about him recently in person.  He confirmed that he doesn't get around too well, but that they had a vet from Texas up to work with him.  He said they improved some things for him that made him more comfortable and subsequently his semen quality has improved a lot.

Heat Wave is what he is.  His calves dominate the steer shows right now.  Until that changes, you are fighting an uphill battle not using him if you are trying to raise high-selling, black steers for hair shows.

colosteers

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=800.0

I dont know if this will work- above is the link that will take you to the May 14th pictures.  You may have to copy and paste it to make it work.    Maybe Jason or somebody can turn it blue so all you have to do is click on it.

Have a good one

CPL

colosteers thanks for the link. Those were some very sorry pictures. Ouch. I know folks who paid 1250 and got a better looking bull.

justintime

I saw Heatwave in June/06, and I am not over it yet!  I was surprised then that some animal rights sympatizer had not reported him to the authorities. I have been around cattle my entire life and thought I had seen most everything , but I had to change that opinion after seeing Heatwave in person. On the day I saw him, he was in extreme pain, and was moaning and groaning with each breath. One of his back legs was off the ground and occasionally he would lift his entire back end  up so that both hind legs were not touching ground and his entire weight was on his front end. It really bothered me to see an animal in this much pain and there is hardly a day that goes by, that I wonder if his owners are still trying to collect that last semen collection while he continues to suffer unendingly. There is a point where it is unethical to try to make more money from a suffering beast, and I believe I saw this that day.
Heatwave's clone, on the other hand, was much sounder in his make-up and was quite impressive. I really saw no similarity between these two bulls other than their color.