Heat Waves Brother Opinions Piic

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

CAB said:
  OB, I just may have to try 1/2 rack of Red bull with you. I'm still waiting to see some of last years matings B4 I decide. Right now though if I decide to breed HW, it'll be Wave 6 or Red bull. I'll still take length of body if the calves can support it, meaning no weak topped cattle. When it get close in the drive how many times do you hear, the steer has an extra rib is why he has to be up a notch?
I emailed the Farrers and have not heard back .Would you suggest just calling them? It says "email for semen inquiries" but has been a week or so. I can't remember if he is carried by the major dist. yet.

DL

Jill said:
I love Heat Wave, not a question there, but I can tell you that a full brother is in no way shape of form the same as breeding to the original.  I have 3 little boys that all have the same DNA, they have different hair color, different builds, WAY different personalities, full brother does not translate to the same animal.
I wouldn't use him because he is red, but if you like him go for it.

Actually Jill your 3 little boys do not have the same DNA (unless they are identical triplets). They have the same parents, and they will have some of the same DNA but they do not have identical DNA.  Same for all full sibs EXCEPT clones. Clones have identical chromosomal DNA (but different mitochondrial DNA).

CAB

OB, give Max Fawley a call. He's fun to talk to, so unassuming. He has a web site. Go to the showsteers site then to search by state. Max is in In under Fawley. Good Luck. Cab

C-CROSS

Did I miss, who owns him.  May be interested in using him.  Thanks

Jill

DL said:
Jill said:
I love Heat Wave, not a question there, but I can tell you that a full brother is in no way shape of form the same as breeding to the original.  I have 3 little boys that all have the same DNA, they have different hair color, different builds, WAY different personalities, full brother does not translate to the same animal.

Actually Jill your 3 little boys do not have the same DNA (unless they are identical triplets). They have the same parents, and they will have some of the same DNA but they do not have identical DNA.  Same for all full sibs EXCEPT clones. Clones have identical chromosomal DNA (but different mitochondrial DNA).

I did word that very well, what I was trying to say was the parents are the same, they are full brothers, you are correct, the DNA is different, I just wasnt' thinking.  I actually learned that on CSI, they had one about a set of identical twins and they couldn't prove which one did it because the DNA was the same, just hadn't ever thought of it before.

CAB

C-Cross, Fawley & Farrer's each have a part of him and possibly more, but those 2 for sure. I don't know who is handling the semen for them.

red

Jill said:
DL said:
Jill said:

I did word that very well, what I was trying to say was the parents are the same, they are full brothers, you are correct, the DNA is different, I just wasnt' thinking.  I actually learned that on CSI, they had one about a set of identical twins and they couldn't prove which one did it because the DNA was the same, just hadn't ever thought of it before.

Jill- If I remember that episode, it's because the had a blood tranfusion so something like that.

Jill

No, they had the same DNA, an identical twin from a split egg both sibs had the same DNA, the one brother was framing the other brother but they couldn't prove it either way. 

Latest posts