Heat Waves for mommas

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

You make a great point, if I could get sexed Heat Wave semen, I would buy it in a heartbeat because the only thing I am breeding him for is that (great) steer.

Show Heifer

Doc, I will stand by and stick to my orginal statement.....TERMINAL sires are not meant to be MATERNAL sires.

Oakbar: I thought I saw a good HW momma on a farm....turned out it was just a bar of gold stuck in the mud!!! GRIN

the angus111

if i think this is who i think it is,you have not changed!come over to the dark side and loose money with me. angus111

Doc

Show Heifer said:
Doc, I will stand by and stick to my orginal statement.....TERMINAL sires are not meant to be MATERNAL sires.

That's fine , I'm just saying there is always exceptions to the rules.

BCCC

Show Heifer said:
No they arent meant to be but sometimes it doesnt always work out that way. I have a heatseeker daughter that I was showed as a market heifer, I wasnt planning on keeping her and breeding her, but I did and now I am glad that I did, she is a good mom and milks well. Shes out of a commercail angus cow.  

BCCC

Not a bad cow if I must say so myself.

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=7366.0

the angus111

BCCC, LETS SEE HOW SHE IS A MOMMA AND HOPEFULLY YOU GET A LIVE CALF OUT OF THE DEAL.EVEN IF YOU USE A "CALVING EASE " SIRE, YOU STILL HAVE TO CONSIDER THE GENETICS OF THE FEMALE.JMO ANGUS111

C-CROSS

We have several HS daughters and they milk geat and disposition is second to none.  And we runn 250 cows so they are not pampered.
We will see on the Waves kept a couple that will calve this spring <cowboy>