heated room

Help Support Steer Planet:

brs5

I am looking at insulating a room in my barn so i can wash cattle in the winter. My question is how warm does is have to be??

Pipeliner

Ours isn't much above freezing and it works just fine. We do have a radiant heater over the chute to make it a little more comfortable

BadgerFan

brs5 said:
I am looking at insulating a room in my barn so i can wash cattle in the winter. My question is how warm does is have to be??

warm enough that you can stand working in it and warm enough that your pipes don't freeze. 

Shady Lane

As allready stated, if you make sure the room never freezes to protect your plumbing, you will be fine. We wash cattle in weather well below freezing outside pretty regularily so I wouldn't worry about it.

If yoyur room is a little warmer though, the people will be more comfortable working in it. Either way the cattle will be fine.

bruiser

I built one last winter. It's 12x20 and I heat it with an L.B.White heater. Used it all the time and didn't burn 200 gallons of L.P. Just insulate the heck out of it . I also put a small exhaust fan in the wall to move some fresh air in.

Latest posts