Heatseeker vs Heatwave and the clones?

Help Support Steer Planet:

MrsDigIt

Is Heatwave really a better bull or at least works better than Heatseeker. I see probably 1 HS to every 10 or more HW.  And the other question is when you do see a HW clone calf it seems HW5 is the most popular, it that because of semen quality, would u flush to a clone? It just surprises me that for as many heatwave calves and promo bulls are out there compared to heatseekers, wondered what the reason is. I am going to flush our best donor and thought of using HW or a clone, or Heatseeker and wanted to know the big differences are in the two bulls, thanks.

ruhtram

Heatseeker is a good bull but IMO a little more hit and miss than his son HW. The biggest thing for me was the eye appeal has been much better with HW than seeker. HW's calves are always have had better hair then HS..HS have fed out a little easier than HW for the most part..This has been my experience.

WJ Farms

I have seen some and also heard people say that the Heatseekers can get really really stupid!!!!

hntwhitetail

You may get better hair and a wider steer w/ hw.  People have said HS is a little easier calviing than HW.