heatwave cow pics (DH heifers mother)

Help Support Steer Planet:

kane1598

Here is a picture of my heatwave cow that is the dam of the dirty harry heifer that I have posted earlier. I think she is pretty neat looking.  She is open right now and we are deabting if we should breed her the same way, or maybe go with Pale Face, Dr. Who, Hanibal or his new amazing looking son Apocolypse.  This cow certainly has the look to be a real show steer producer and we think we would like to go really clubby on her to shoot for that big time steer.  She certainly did an exceptional job with her first calf and is still so chubby (she has not been fed in six months) and sound moving.  What bull do guys like for her?  I hope this helps you guys using Dirty Harry see what he worked on.  Get back to me!

Attachments

• mara.jpg
    mara.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 455

dagrate1s

Personally of the bulls you mentioned, I like Dr. Who. That combo should make ya some money. I may also think about Sunseeker, he adds bone, hair, and tons of stoutness. I wouldnt breed Sunseeker to anything that is not good fronted or sound enough but this girl looks good on her feet and if she can walk nicely then he would work nicely on her too. Hope this helps

Craig

shortyjock89

My thoughts exactly.  I like Dr. Who on this type of female.  He has calves that are winning in all sorts of different breed shows. I think that he would be a very solid choice.

kane1598

Thanks for the thoughts. We just body clipped her before the pictures, she had about 4 inches of thick hair on her and I thought I would help her out alttile.  She is a THC and is very small and powerful and pretty, I love the Dr. Who idea. 

OH Breeder

I guess I have never had any luck with Dr. Who. I think he might put too much shoulder in them.
I like Pale Face for her, Hannibal would give some grow, You migh want to think about Sin City. Might get a cool blue roan. Blue roans always sell it seems. I think Dream On and 3 C macho would also work- more for heifers. Sunseeker would not work since he is also THC.
If you are looking for females, i would give Jazz a try on her or Habanero. NICE COW!

shortyjock89

I think that Pale Face and Sin City might work on her too, but if Hannibal was put on her, I think the calf might end up being too straight.  

When you mentioned Habenaro, I thought of another bull that might or might not work on her...Ice Pick.  It's been a while since I've seen many Ice Pick calves, but they've been pretty good ones.

Kadabra might work.....from the hooks forward, he makes an excellent calf, but he doesn't put enough rear quarter or flank for me.  This cow is super deep and has a pretty big butt it looks like so I think you could get some killer heifers out of that breeding.

OH Breeder

kane1598 said:
Can anyone see Kadabra working?
Kadabra will make them pretty I have had both steers and heifers. I really like his females. They are very feminine. The steers are like OFS said, lacking in butt and quarter usually.