Heatwave

Help Support Steer Planet:

JMRCattleCo

Curious.....of all the heatwave clones....why is Heatwave 1 semen so much higher than the rest of the other clones??

ruhtram

I thought 6 took a cool picture, but i have no experience with breeding any HW clones.

jagerbeef

I used Heatwave 5, was told by Earl Souva that he has the best quality semen of all the clones that he has collected.

wyatt

i have not seen hw1 but i have seen the other one and hw1 looks much more like heatwave from what ive heard the clone i seen was tall and lanky ... and in his picture looks like he has a leg thats only 8 inches long

DakotaCow

To me it doesn't matter which clones semen I get as long as the quality is good. Which is a HUGE problem in the clubby deal....especially with certain owners. We test a straw of every batch of semen we get from some simply due to past experiences.

JMRCattleCo

Ok thanks everyone.....I guess semen quality is the reason for the different prices. I cant see buying any of low quality even being an option. I just noticed at different suppliers, they offered different clones...thats what started the question in my head.

OH Breeder

Cruiser said:
I thought 6 took a cool picture, but i have no experience with breeding any HW clones.

I used HW 6.
5 straws 2 calves.
1 Heifer turned out pretty good. She is sound stocky build has a nice udder and delivered her first calf unassisted. She is milking just fine and the calf is nice calf.