Heifer Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

tande

I am needing recommendations of bulls to use on heifers. The heifers are simmental x Maine x Angus. Just wanting a low birth weight bull that will produce a decent growing calf.

MainAngus

I like the look of the Rumor Mill and Frisky Whiskey calves... Both are very easy calving.

DSCSD

My father got along really good with his Confidence calves... 59 to 72lbs at birth 800 to 880 at weaning.... that's on 20 calves

ploughshare

DSCSD said:
My father got along really good with his Confidence calves... 59 to 72lbs at birth 800 to 880 at weaning.... that's on 20 calves

Agreed, Connealy Confidence 0100 calves come easy, grow decent, and look great.  You will be able to use the heifers too.

Idahoboy

You might think about using one of the calving ease Charolais bulls on the market today. WR Wrangler will throw some cool show calves if that is the route you want to go. If it were me, I would use LT Ledger. He is the most popular bull on the market right now and believe me he is the real deal I have seen him in person. We have had multiple purebred calves out of him and they have all been in the 70's and low 80's. If your heifers have some decent frame, I would not be worried about this bull at all. LT Long Distance is promoted as a better calving ease bull, but Ledger is in all reality the better bull for both calving ease and growth.