Heifer cycle question

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

Missed a heifer cycling yesterday.  Too late when I found out.

How soon can I Lute her to bring her back in for breeding?

Thanks-

MrsDigIt

If I buy a couple cows that calved Jan. and were running with a bull, would it hurt them to give a shot of lute to make sure he didnt breed them, and then when could I ai  them? thanks, so I dont mean to hijack the topic.

wph119

Lute would abort them if they had been bred by that bull but if they haven't cycled yet the Lute won't bring them into heat.

Top Knot

MrsDigIt said:
If I buy a couple cows that calved Jan. and were running with a bull, would it hurt them to give a shot of lute to make sure he didnt breed them, and then when could I ai  them? thanks, so I dont mean to hijack the topic.
It will do no harm. It will insure they are open. If they cycle you can breed if you want (probably aren't more than 30 days along) or wait for a subsequent cycle.

frostback

MrsDigIt said:

Make sure they are away from the bull for at least 7 days, then is should be fine.