Heifer for your Critique

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

Heres my January 21, 2007 Brangus show heifer for your critical eye. She started showing at 6 months of age where she was placed Reserve Brangus heifer. Since, she has been out 6 times and has been champion Brangus 5 times and was Champion AOB once. Kill Her, I want the good, bad, and biased. Pictured on 03/09/2007  and  as a calf back in July.  Good luck and have fun  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sarah

Attachments

• CH%20Brangus%20Heifer.jpg
    CH%20Brangus%20Heifer.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Reserve%20Champion%20Brangus%20Heifer%20-%20Sarah%20Dickinson.jpg
    Reserve%20Champion%20Brangus%20Heifer%20-%20Sarah%20Dickinson.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 471

red

(welcome) SSimmentals!

Actally she looks very nice. Very clean fronted for that type of cow. Like her depth & extension. good job & best of luck!

Red

justme

We don't see many brangus around here but she really looks nice.  Very clean thru the neck which is really nice.  I think she's going to be a really nice heifer for you. (thumbsup)

sawboss

I saw more than a few yesterday at Houston, close to a 150 head.  My son's stood 3rd out of 14 in Class 1.  The heifer pictured above has great breed traits and looks very nice.  Hard to criticize a picture of one standing as a champion.  If you really want to find out take her to nationals in Stillwater,OK. this summer the best of the Brangus Association will be there.

gilbert07

I worked on one of the biggest brangus ranches in texas years ago I think she is a very nice heifer. I hope you have good luck and lots of fun!!!! showing her

SSIMMENTALS

Thanks for the praise everyone. I've heavilly considered taking her to Nationals this summer, but I don't know if we will be going or not. I'm planning to breed around to end of June, 1st of July and I'm not sure about making such a haul on that short of having her settle. I have a fall heifer that might get the call though, if we decide to go. Also, am I correct that Brangus ?eastern? regionals are in Mississippi?
I really am mainly focused on my simmental herd, and we will have the show schedule pretty full with simmental JR regionals and Nationals as well as some junior shows in Alabama. At the end of the summer is our states junior roundup, they place heifers down through top 5. I'm really interested to see what becomes of that, as last year the judge was really considering choosing a brahman as 5th o/a. Just wish she had a little O0!!!!
Sarah