Heifer Pics- Critique them please

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

When you open the photos at home in your program, when you save them check the size. It should ask you, if not, open them and when editing ask to resize. 800x600 is plenty big for Internet.

What is the heifer first? ANgus? Purebred?

OH Breeder

Well,
I like them both. I am not the ANgus expert by far. I like the depth of body and they are furry for angus. I am sure that Knabe, ITK, AAOK, etc will give you more detailed info. I think they are growthy. I like to see more bone but you don't eat bone  :D. Should make nice cows. I would ask you their breeding but as I said the Angus lines are a mystery to me.

showsteerdlux

I personally like the second one better she seems to be just a bit more growthy and more feminine in her front 1/3rd. Both are nice calves and seem to have good thickness, bone, and growth. Who are they out of. I'd say go ahead and rough them out as far as clipping. You can see what needs improved and what is good and you can make them alot better with that much hair if its small problems.

CPL

showsteerdlux said:
Which one do you like better?

I like the second one better. I always think it is hard to judge a black animal in a picture, especially when they have the hair like these ones. Both are good looking heifers I just think the 2nd is more complete.

Ruchian

I think they are both nice heifers.  I like the butt on the 2nd one more.  I also like the line across the bottom on the second one more, makes her look a lot smoother.

xkrushx

These heifers both have the raw pieces needed but are lacking the "look". They are both a touch thick necked, but a sweat collar may help you there. They are also lacking a little neck extension and the second one looks a little bit straight on her front wheels . I like the first one better because of her depth of body and she is a little less piecey than the second heifer. In the second heifer, there is a shoulder, her middle, and her stout hindquarter and she looks like she is just a touch more "steery". Her underline is straight but she does not have the capacity or depth that the first heifer has. She is definately not bellied as nice as the first heifer. The picks make me question the way they set their rear legs but it is probably just the pics because Im sure they can get around just fine. Overall, nice heifers and they should both turn in to good cows. To me, the first heifer looks a bit more femine and is my pick.