Heifer pictures... opinions please...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which picture will work the best...

• Total voters

TJ

Looks like #1 is the run away favorite.  Actually, Doc's co-owner liked #1 as well.  She ended up cropping it & has the pic up on her website.  Also, she liked it enough to put it in our joint venture (Doc Holliday) Ad that will be in the next issue if the Lowline Ledger. 

TJ

Jill said:
TJ when you get the RR web site up, please let me know.  My dad just retired from the BNSF, he worked for Santa Fe all of his life, my oldest son is a train nut and has quite a collection we would be interested in seeing the site.  Thanks, Jill

Jill...  My buddy just got the site up & running & he has already sold 2 keys!!  It's in the infant stages & hopefully it will get tweaked as time goes on.  I've been offering suggestions, we've made some changes & I think it's off to a good start.  He's got at least 30 new Railroad items that will be added to site within the next week & several people are planning to list items after they get back from the Gaithersburg Show. 

BTW, my buddy is also a huge railroad nut.  Over the last 15-20 years, he's collected pretty much anything that was rare & was railroad related... Locks, keys, Lanterns, China, Passes, Wax Sealers, Stock Certificates, etc.(lots more items).  He donated somewhere around $100,000 - $150,000 worth of items to local museums about 10 years ago, so he's a pretty hard core collector.  He's even got an antique scales that came from a local RR depot & some other real big items.  My friend & another collector where even going to buy actual railroad cars at one time!! 

Although he likes everything railroad related, hiis true love is collecting extra rare locks & extra rare keys.  He used to regularly buy & sell on Ebay.  However, because people where selling modern keys (that Railroads still use today!!) on Ebay, Homeland Security stepped in, made Ebay start policing their site.  Well, rather than just stop selling the modern Railroad keys, Ebay decided that it was easier to stop selling all Railroad keys.  Well, my buddy was upset & so were many others.  After several months, nobody had filled the void, so my buddy decided to step up to the plate & offer a site for buying & selling railroad locks & keys & also any other railroad items (like laterns, wax sealers, china, etc.).  Considering that he just came up with this idea about 2 weeks ago, I think it is going VERY WELL.  He's already had 100's of collectors tell him that it was about time somebody did something, so that's encouraging. 

Right now he has 2 MKT RY (Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railway) tapper barreled keys that he's selling for ONLY $50!!  Those are worth more than that, but he's offering those 2 keys, plus some other really good deals to help get the website going.  Also, be sure to check back often because he will be adding new items all the time. 

On the front page, he's got a pic of his Denver Rio Grande key #21 

Here is a link to his web site..           

http://www.railroadkeys.com/

TJ

Jill, I just wanted to let you know that my buddy has now sold 3 RR keys & 2 RR locks so far.  He also has been contacted about listing as many as 150 new items (mostly keys & locks) for other people within the next 7-10 days, and he has several other prospects who have inquired about having him list several hundred items for them, so you may want to check his site out every few weeks so that you can see all the new items being listed.  10 new people signed up for his list yesterday & he only knew 1 of them... he's pretty excited!    I was somewhat skeptical in the beginning, but it looks like this may indeed be a real good idea.

Jill

RR collecting is huge, I can remember going to shows with my dad, some of the collections these folks had were incredible, if he has a good site, he should do very well there is a huge following for that type of item.