Heifer Pictures..

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Hey everyone. Ive included some pics of my heifer at the latest County Fair.
She was the only Simmental, so it was an automatic bid to the drive. But thats about all that happened.  This is a very small show. About 10 heifers and a few steers.
Also included are the two heifers that beat me.  Grand Champion was the Angus heifer, and Reserve went to the Hereford.
The one thing that the judges like to pick on is her front. Its a bit messy and she has a little too much "leather."
She has such nice hair, it is wonderful to work with. One judge actually ask me I got her to get that much. It is very natural, but she has put on a little more since I got her.

Tell me what you think please!  (thumbsup)

Attachments

• Theo2.jpg
    Theo2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 617
  • Theo6.jpg
    Theo6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 627
  • Champ Angus. Overall Grand.jpg
    Champ Angus. Overall Grand.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 625
  • Hereford.jpg
    Hereford.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 624

showsteerdlux

I personally think that your heifer is cleaner and longer fronted than that angus heifer but thats just me. Good job with her and she looks nice.

knabe

Garett said:
Hey everyone. Ive included some pics of my heifer at the latest County Fair.
She was the only Simmental, so it was an automatic bid to the drive. But thats about all that happened.  This is a very small show. About 10 heifers and a few steers.
Also included are the two heifers that beat me.  Grand Champion was the Angus heifer, and Reserve went to the Hereford.
The one thing that the judges like to pick on is her front. Its a bit messy and she has a little too much "leather."
She has such nice hair, it is wonderful to work with. One judge actually ask me I got her to get that much. It is very natural, but she has put on a little more since I got her.

Tell me what you think please!  (thumbsup)

look up some posts on hair straighteners.  to me, it distracts from her overall picture.  i too agree her front end is longer.  the hereford may have needed to been blown apart between either her base or her pins compared to the angus, can't tell.  the angus for me is a little behind herself.  for some simmi's i've seen, yours appears to have some thickness down low behind in her quarter.  yours looks like it's feet could have been trimmed.  hopefully people will offer who to breed her to, to stretch her neck some and clean it up.

breed her to the bull in the "more calf pictures" thread!!!!!!!!!

garett

haha you think she should be bred to him?
Well right now she is bred to an Angus bull: Dr. J
I dont exactly own her, Im just showing her for a friend.
Hes a big Angus guy so that most likely what she will always be bred to in the future.

Thanks everyone!

garett

simmigirl25 said:
what is the breeding on the simmental?

Sire: Taylors Black Kickback
Dam: NF Jennifer 45J
She was bred by Leaders Simmentals in Underwood, IA
Her reg, # is 2048165

simmigirl25

Garett said:
simmigirl25 said:
what is the breeding on the simmental?

Sire: Taylors Black Kickback
Dam: NF Jennifer 45J
She was bred by Leaders Simmentals in Underwood, IA
Her reg, # is 2048165

ohh ok thanks
im really into raising simmentals.

OH Breeder

Garett said:
haha you think she should be bred to him?
Well right now she is bred to an Angus bull: Dr. J
I dont exactly own her, Im just showing her for a friend.
Hes a big Angus guy so that most likely what she will always be bred to in the future.

Thanks everyone!
She has some body to her. Total solution or WHO made WHo.
For her hair, they make a product called Cholesteral. You can find it at any beauty supply place. Kind of messy but mix it with warm water in a spray bottle. Spray on after washing the hair. Do this three or so times a week. Make sure you do use shampoo and wash out. If you use to much the hair will go limp. It works great to relax wavy curly hair and it is cheap.