Heifer Pinches when she walks

Help Support Steer Planet:

onthegofarmer

I have a Heifer that Pinches when she walks.  Would a product like natural stride help????

Bulldaddy

By pinches, do you mean that she takes short strides?  Cattle that are real straight in their leg structure often take short strides.   

coachmac

We have a short strided heifer as well.  I think her problem is laziness and my daughter is not "horse" enough to get her to pick up the pace.  Basically, she is a toe dragger by nature, but she isn't straight out the hind legs.  I have had a guy tell me to give her a shot of bantamine to free up her stride, but I don't know.  Haven't really looked into it much.  Any opinions?  Like I said, I think she is just lazy combined with a beanpole 9 y/o behind the lead so I don't see the shot in her future.  Just curious more than anything. 

Bulldaddy

Take a look at her rear leg structure.  If she posty (straight legged) there is not much you can do to get her to walk like a heifer with adequate set to her hocks.  Genetics would be the only real fix to that problem.

coachmac

she isnt posty at all.  I dont know.  I may have my neice lead her around when she visits next time and take a good hard look.