Heifer with a blemish?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bryan 72

I have a Heifer that will be a 4-H project for my daughter. The Heifer has a quarter size spot on her right hip where there is no hair. I dont know if it was a vaccination spot, or a small cut. Its scabbed over good, but it doesnt appear to be growing any hair back. I dont want the spot to become worse, so what can i use on it to heal it faster, and bring back some hair. Thanks Bryan! :-\

showsteerdlux

Sounds like ringworm to me. Scrape it off and apply some fluid film so the spot. Make sure to keep it well moisturized as well.

obie105

We had some friends that were showing a bull and from the time he was a calf til now as a mature bull he had about a half dollar bare spot on his hip. The vet wondered if it was a snake bite. This time of year though I would be checking for ring worm tho.

okiegirl

MTG will get the hair growing back fast.  You can get it at the feed store or Tractor Supply

vc

On the outside chance it is not ringworm I have had good luck getting scars to soften up and hair to grow back with teat balm or corona ointment, apply it liberally to the area daily for about a week to the effected area.