Hello Scott!

Help Support Steer Planet:

ELBEE

Couple days ago I noticed a new member, S J CattleCo, thats Scott & JoAnn Pfeiffer. They have some really cool bulls, and here is the place to present them.

sjcattleco

Here is our new bull.... Hope you all like him... We are making plans  to offer semen shares

Any questions let me know

Thanks

Scott

Attachments

• American Muscle.jpg
    American Muscle.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 381

austin

Welcome to Steer Planet, Scott.  (welcome)

If you didn't know, you're already a legend.   ;D

...nice bull! 

red

What are his bloodlines Scott?
Thanks for the picture! It's nice to see a potential bull in his working clothes & not all photoshoped!

Red (welcome)

sjcattleco

His pedigree is basically linebred Deerpark Improver 3rd... So his pedigree is loaded for bear with Elbee bulls on the female side his granddams are are the two best cows we have ever owned! Both were very solid male producing cows.  And the Samantha cow has at least 10 female decendants in our herd.  Both granddams got back to Leader 13 but neither were the huge framey coarse type cows..

DL

WOW! Impressive - imagine that not all bulls get their hair and nails done! Welcome, we are a pretty nice bunch, but we also are pretty lethal when it comes to genetic defects - so if for no other reason than sound marketing has he been tested for TH and PHA? (sometimes I can't help myself, but chances are you'll learn to appreciate me too!)  DL (cow) (cow)

sjcattleco

Well since I "unveiled" him to the public about 2 weeks ago semen inquires and offers have been coming in every day..  He will be tested but almost everyone of his ancestors have already been done and we have linebred the other parts that have not so the testing for us will be just a formality and a hoop to jump thru for the ASA. 

On a side note I think I am going to offer breeding shares on him for about $1100 a share... and certs at cost.  Investors will get 40 to 50 units the first year and a deal on more if they want or need more. In herd use only.  I have more details if anyone is really interested but this is a really good deal on a young bull.... alot better than the package that they are trying to sell on that $20000 leggs bull from the Iowa beef expo.. The new owners are trying to sell $20000 worth of semen at $200 a unit on a yearling bull... Now that is crazy!

DL

sj - yeah, a formality but you are doing the right thing and we appreciate it! Do you expect eventually he will be sold on the open market? dl (cow)

sjcattleco

anything is possible!! there are so many options right now I do not know which direction it will go.  I think my idea for a breeding share at $1100 is affordable to just about anyone. And just about as good and economical as I can make it.

Show Heifer

What an impressive bull!!! He appears super thick!! And he is a yearling??? WOW!
Let us know ASAP when the test results come back....

sjcattleco

garybob said:
What color is Smallflower? Got any pics of him?

(lol)  No I have not ever taken any pics of his as of yet. He turns 3 this year and this is the best he has looked so far.  But I never ever pampered him...  He is a frame 5.5 maybe a 6 but no more.. Has good balance is a very dark solid red masculine bull...i know that Lee knows that I like him a lot so I don't want to sound like I am putting him down but he is a tool and a means to another piece of the puzzle....He really is not the type that you ooo and awe over.... What this bull is going to do for me is add to the maternal base and he will further improve my cows' fleshing ability!!!  These Smallflower grandaughters are really cool when they are weaned and before they loose that milk bloom they look like little cows!!! and after that they grow on  practically anything you feed them. Anyway when the sun comes out and I get an hour or so with the camera in my hand i will get a some pics of him...  I need to get one or two on my website.

I am curious as to where you are... 99% of the people have never even heard of Smallflower let alone would use him.. Are you interested in Smallflower himself or just old genetics?

red

I'll reply for GaryBob- he is in AR. loves old genetics & good functional cattle. Is a Shorthorn believer but not crazy about showcalves as such. Get him on fuzzy fat furballs & he'll talk your ear off!

Red

garybob

And let's not forget stiff-jointed calves that can't walk. I'm big on function.  Dead calves with their intestines hanging out is another point of irritation. It's fescue, hills, and rocks where I am.

garybob

(lol) Why, are so many people taking a chance, and rolling the dice, by using all these carrier cattle? What ires me about this is that these "breeders" are causing long-term damage to an entire breed's DNA profile by proliferating these bloodlines. Leaving folks like us to pay the penalty after these people's kids have graduated from High School, and the "breeding herd" is dispersed.

Once identified, these critters should be eliminated. Period.

Scott, you are also a working cow dog breeder. Would you sell a known sheep killer or a kid- biter to someone else, because they are phenotypically correct & the last litter brought 2500 each,or, would you swiftly and mercilessly eliminate these bad traits from the canine gene pool?  I am asking a rhetorical question, and, would not, in any way accuse you of such unethical practices. It is my hope that folks wake up and realize what they are doing.

Waiting on the pics of Smallflower.

Gary Bob

sjcattleco

I posted on I think it was showsteers that once an animal became a known carrier that it should be destroyed banned from breeding.... papers revoked what ever.... I had folks crying " What about my investment?" what about the $4500 I spent on this bull... LOL  I said to one guy that if he had  pulled  his head out of the sand and really looked at what he bought he would have known that it was a piss poor investment to start with... Buy a bull for the bone from the knees down and all that hair.  what an idiot...

to answer your dog question... IMO REAL cowdogs have no actual conformation..... My favorite are the Hangin Tree dogs.... they are bred for work ability and trainability  period!  They range from 30# to 70# depending on the line. They come in every color you can ask for.  The only real criteria they have other than WORK is hair coat if its too long they are out.  If a stock dog kills a sheep its your fault... you should have  known where it was and what it was doing. Or have it kenneled up.  If it got loose its still your fault... If a dog bites a human and the dog had another choice like getting away moving away etc but made the choice to bite instead of run I would put it down!

DL

sjcattleco said:
I posted on I think it was showsteers that once an animal became a known carrier that it should be destroyed banned from breeding.... papers revoked what ever.... I had folks crying " What about my investment?" what about the $4500 I spent on this bull... LOL  I said to one guy that if he had  pulled  his head out of the sand and really looked at what he bought he would have known that it was a piss poor investment to start with... Buy a bull for the bone from the knees down and all that hair.  what an idiot...

to answer your dog question... IMO REAL cowdogs have no actual conformation..... My favorite are the Hangin Tree dogs.... they are bred for work ability and trainability  period!  They range from 30# to 70# depending on the line. They come in every color you can ask for.  The only real criteria they have other than WORK is hair coat if its too long they are out.  If a stock dog kills a sheep its your fault... you should have  known where it was and what it was doing. Or have it kenneled up.  If it got loose its still your fault... If a dog bites a human and the dog had another choice like getting away moving away etc but made the choice to bite instead of run I would put it down!

IMHO you appear to be a real rational human being - welcome to our planet - hope you plan to stay!

ps did your post get pulled? I don't think I ever saw it!  ;D
dl