Help. Catchy name for a sale needed

Help Support Steer Planet:

Aussie

Friends of mine are having their first sale. They breed Charolais and Red Angus and are having a sale in the fall next year. Their stud name is Pine Park and are looking for a catchy tag ie. Legends of the Fall. Any suggestions ?  <beer>

leanbeef

The combination of Charolais & Red Angus is an interesting factor & I think a unique pairing. I would try to think of some opportunities to play off that because it's different. There are LOTS of sales held in the fall of the year, and many of them have named their event to coordinate with the season, ie Legends of the Fall (incidentally, also the most depressing movie I've ever seen). I'm thinking about trying to play off the colors red & white... I think they could carry that theme as far as they want, and it'd be unique compared to most any sale you might know about.

frostback

If it were a US sale I would say Red, White and Bulls. Not sure it works downunder.

worthabit

What month Aussie? You could put a twist on Frostback's suggestion and call it "Red and White in June"  or  "Cream of the Crop" (red angus x charolais = cream calves)

Dozer45

"Candy Cane" is you did it late enough in the fall to represent the colors and a little play on the holidays

Aussie

Dozer45 said:
"Candy Cane" is you did it late enough in the fall to represent the colors and a little play on the holidays
Good idea for northern hemisphere  (thumbsup) Here fall is march to may. The sale will be in April

Cattle Cards

Excuse my ignorance, but try using familiar phrases from down under like "Good as Gold" or " True Blue " as part of the name.  This coming from a Texas boy...

Dozer45

Aussie said:
Dozer45 said:
Good idea for northern hemisphere  (thumbsup) Here fall is march to may. The sale will be in April

Oops! lol Got excited and didn't even think about that  ;D

AAOK

Dozer45 said:

Same thought I had. Red & White - The Candy Cane Sale.

I see no reason to tie it to a Holliday. I eat Candy Canes all year.